<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: City Based T20

September 16 2016, 5:32 PM 

At long last some support for my views on CG.

I have been haraunged by all and sundry for my comments re Graves being bad for cricket. Hopefully, the Graves supporters, can harangue someone else now for a change instead of myself? For about 5 years now I have stated that eventually Graves, when he gets his way, will kill CC cricket off completely. He is now well on his way to his goal and will eventually achieve his aim.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 16, 2016 5:52 PM

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

October 18 2016, 4:00 PM 

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 18 2016, 4:15 PM 

All not going to plan? :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-3845476/Twenty20-city-based-revamp-set-delayed-2020.html

Good.
Graves has been after going down the franchise route - this is merely a re-jig of that - since the time when Regan was our Chief Exec.
Anyone remember the furore over e-mails he's supposed to have sent to the Indians on this?
At least if the article is to be believed naming the teams after the home city has been dropped.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 18 2016, 5:24 PM 

Great news. Some resistance at long last to the plans.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

October 18 2016, 6:13 PM 

This will happen, its when and how, rather than if. However it's vital the counties win some concessions and have some influence upon the shape of the future, rather than letting Greaves and Harrison completely rule the roost. This appears to be happening. Good.

(Login Jacobus24)

October 18 2016, 6:26 PM 

I was hoping Essex and Middlesex would have been opposed to the idea as well, maybe once there is a final vote they will help block it.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

October 18 2016, 7:11 PM 

A link I found on the Unofficial Sussex forum.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/83356/ecb-sheds-more-light-on-t20-plans-new-t20-tournament-may-be-held-in-2020

Another members event, this time Leicester, why haven't YCCC signed up to one of these, surely ECB must have made an offer to every county?

(Login Jacobus24)

November 3 2016, 11:25 PM 

Essex chairman John Faragher: T20 change may create eight-team Championship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37858871

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk