<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Lehmann leaving early

September 15 2016 at 9:57 AM
marsker  (Login marskeman)

so Jake Lehmann is recalled by south australia and misses our crunch game at lords next week. This is the final kick in the teeth for us after so many ecb withdrawals, williamson and head leaving early, and several long term injuries. Is there any chance of a late replacement although these have been disastrous in the past. is Pujara available? he scored a big 200 last week.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Re: Lehmann leaving early

September 15 2016, 10:04 AM 

India start a test match next week so, no, he won't be available.

(Login Jacobus24)

September 15 2016, 10:27 AM 

I feel as much dismay as anybody regarding the loss of our Aussie overseas players as well as not having our England batting pair. We still need to help ourselves more regarding who we employ to play cricket, will the months ahead be worthwhile for the club regarding new signings? I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

(Login SoftHandApproach)

September 15 2016, 10:31 AM 

Nothing on YCCC website / twitter feed so far as I can see.

Anyone got a link?

Big Rich.
(Login Newyorkie)

September 15 2016, 10:38 AM 

Phil
(Login PB123)

September 15 2016, 10:53 AM 

You really couldn't make this up. We ought to sign Brian Rix he will fit nicely into this farse.

Tyke 83
(Login Tyke83)

September 15 2016, 11:49 AM 

Just speculation on my part, but it might be worth Yorkshire asking England if they can play JB as a batsman only. It's likely to take less out of him and would be ideal for us in these circumstances.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 15 2016, 11:53 AM 

"Just speculation on my part, but it might be worth Yorkshire asking England if they can play JB as a batsman only. It's likely to take less out of him and would be ideal for us in these circumstances."

Maybe should have asked before yesterday's vote sad.gif

Tyke 83
(Login Tyke83)

September 15 2016, 11:59 AM 

Lol. It would be a very short term bribe to gain our vote. It wouldn't even be 40 pieces of silver. Maybe 1 1/2.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

September 15 2016, 12:20 PM 

5 matches, 384 runs at an average of 54.85. One century and two half centuries. Congratulations Jake

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

jake

September 15 2016, 2:01 PM 

it was very pleasing to watch jake come into the side at such short notice I know he as had a couple of mistakes dropped catches rash shots but on the hole, he should be very pleased .

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

Re: jake

September 15 2016, 4:35 PM 

I just hope that Dizzy or Galey doesn't insult our intelligence by telling us that Leaning will slot in as the perfect replacement.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

Re: jake

September 15 2016, 5:16 PM 

They can hardly say that we are playing Leaning as a desperate. no option measure though can they ECT?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk