<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Steve Denison interview on new T20

September 15 2016 at 7:04 PM
Cricket Yorkshire  (Login cricketyorkshire)

Evening all. Talked to Steve last night to address some concerns I've seen on social media, and have myself for that matter, about the new eight-team T20 competition.
Plenty of detail here on Yorkshire's perspective.
Thought some of you might like a read: http://cricketyorkshire.com/what-is-yorkshires-stance-on-the-new-city-based-t20-competition/

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Steve Denison interview on new T20

September 15 2016, 7:13 PM 

Thanks for arranging the interview so promptly and for posting the article for us. Much appreciated.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

September 15 2016, 8:21 PM 

That's mildly encouraging.

I got to know Denison slightly on the Abu Dhabi trip, and I felt him to be a genuine county cricket supporter, a committed one at that, and a thoroughly good bloke, with a sense of humour that (dare I say?) seems to be lacking in some of the 'suits' who rule over us.

Provided Yorkshire listen to Denison, and the ECB listens to Yorkshire, all may be not lost.

EastCoastExile
(Login EastCoastExile)

September 15 2016, 9:13 PM 

I am a realist. The game needs T20 even if I don't.

But I would feel a lot more confident about the future of the game I love if the ECB would actually come out and state categorically that they appreciate the significance of the four day game and see it as an integral part of the long term future of the game in this country. Until they do I will continue to assume they will come back on a regular basis and undermine it further by reducing the number of games or ensuring that key players cannot play.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk