<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

England players.

September 15 2016 at 7:53 PM
Guest  (Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Check Dizzys Twitter feed. Someone just asked if all our England players might be available and he said 'wait and see!'
There's hope yet.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: England players.

September 15 2016, 8:15 PM 

Certainly sounds like they will be!

Well that's got my hopes up anyway, see no reason for him to respond otherwise.

(Login Jacobus24)

September 15 2016, 8:21 PM 

Lyth
Lees
Root
Ballance
Bairstow
Bresnan
Rashid
Plunkett
Patterson
Brooks
Sidebottom

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 15 2016, 8:24 PM 

thats the power of sky!

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 15 2016, 9:58 PM 

Wonder if we get Root since he's rumoured to be rested from the Bangladesh odi tour

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 16 2016, 8:16 AM 

Oh I'd love to see the posts on the Middlesex forum about an ecb conspiracy theory led by Graves to deny Middlesex their first title in years at their home ground.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 16 2016, 10:27 AM 

Guest (Login ThirdUmpire)
Posted Sep 16, 2016 8:16 AM

Oh I'd love to see the posts on the Middlesex forum about an ecb conspiracy theory led by Graves to deny Middlesex their first title in years at their home ground

I'm happy to let Middx pick Morgan, after all he's not going to Bangladesh.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 16 2016, 12:32 PM 

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 16 2016, 12:51 PM 

Now it's official the ECB is batty.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 16 2016, 12:51 PM 

Dizzy quote: "We feel we have the squad to get the job done [without Lehmann, JB or Root].”

Er, no we haven't.

I mean, is there really anyone on this forum who would genuinely feel confident about Yorkshire batting first next week, at 10.30am, with a batting line-up of Lyth, Lees, Ballance, Gale, Leaning (with 6-8 taken by Bresnan, Rashid and Hodd), against Middlesex's attack?

(Login eastriding)

September 16 2016, 12:57 PM 

If we got the choice of one of the 2 but could not have both who would we pick Root or Bairstow? Hypothetical but a bit of fun

For me its Bairstow, adds balance scores quickly been in there at nothing for 4 on numerous occassions

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 16 2016, 12:58 PM 

No point him saying we have no chance with the team we will be putting out

We'll probably put them in,if we bat first & get skittled could be over for us

Not confident but out top 8 is not that bad really, I know a few have been out of form for a while just need the players to step up & deliver, last chance one we did not look like getting earlier in the week

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 16 2016, 6:16 PM 

ECT --- "I mean, is there really anyone on this forum who would genuinely feel confident about Yorkshire batting first next week, at 10.30am, with a batting line-up of Lyth, Lees, Ballance, Gale, Leaning (with 6-8 taken by Bresnan, Rashid and Hodd), against Middlesex's attack?

Certainly not I, but that may not be the line-up. Maybe play Willey instead of Leaning, or have Bresnan, Rashid, Plunkett & Hodd from 5 to 8, with Brooks, Patto, & Siddy to follow.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 16 2016, 6:58 PM 

I agree, Stu, but i think Dizzy and Galey might stubbornly back Leaning. I agree with you, I would back Willey (and Plunkett and Rafiq) to get more runs than Leaning.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 16 2016, 8:18 PM 

Has Jack played at all for his club recently and if so has he scored any runs?

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 16 2016, 11:04 PM 

Don't know the details, but I believe he did rather well last weekend

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

England players

September 16 2016, 11:18 PM 

Jack Leaning scored 89 for York in their final league game last Saturday, and 107 in the semi-final of the Black Sheep Trophy on Sunday.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

Re: England players

September 17 2016, 12:53 AM 

No offence intended, but I got a double century in my back yard last night against the kids. In real cricket, Jack's last 10 knocks have been: 15, 5, 7, 3, 42, 0, 9, 22*, 4, 10 - average about 13.

Lyth, Lees, Ballance and Gale are going to be 1-4. Beyond that, we are surely going to have to hope for the best with all-rounders: Rash, Bres, Plunks. Hodd behind the stumps. Jack and Siddy. Then either Patto or Willey.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 17 2016, 8:00 AM 

There was no suggestion in either the question or answers above that a score at club level should influence the selection, though I suppose it's better than further failures. Not sure I'd pick Jack, but I suspect they will.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 17 2016, 8:56 AM 

ECT wrote "No offence intended, but I got a double century in my back yard last night against the kids. "

Shhh, don't tell the ecb, they might make you a member of the ecb forum and stop you from posting here.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk