<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: We did contact the YCCC

September 18 2016, 5:53 PM 

but thats what i said.

I do not have the authority to stop my employees for working for someone else on their day off.

similarly the ecb does not have the authority to stop their employees from working for someone else (ie Yorkshire) when not required to work for the ecb (ie no matches till next month)

All they can do is ask jb not to play, but if he does there is nothing they can do about it.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 18 2016, 6:42 PM 

That's not what you said at all, you've said it would make the contract illegal, which is totally incorrect.

You haven't got a clue whether that is the situation. Yorkshire have explicitly stated that they have to get ECB clearance to play Bairstow; I find it extremely perverse that you think that you understand the situation better than they do based on some bizarre anecdote about employing cleaners in a hotel.

You also seem to have forgotten that the ECB are also in charge of domestic cricket and therefore those eligible to play in it...

I think it's fairly clear that YCCC have done all they can to try to have Bairstow available but their attempts have been rebuffed by the England management; our grievances should be with them, not the club.

This message has been edited by _JG_ on Sep 18, 2016 7:37 PM

(Login dpressed)

September 18 2016, 7:00 PM 

Someone on Twitter asked Gale for his opinion. Windy politely declined to comment as he didn't want to get banned agsin

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 18 2016, 7:04 PM 

Relax lads. We all support the same team - we just disagree on the details.

And while I doubt if this a conspiracy, the system is ridiculously unbalanced and dysfunctional and requires a complete rethink of the contract system.

Only the ECB would sabotage such a wonderful opportunity to showcase the County Championship and deficate on the competative integrity of our 126-year old championship. Only in English cricket would this absurd situation manifest itself at the very end of the season.

And where is the former Yorkshire chairmen in all this? Time to come out, whetever you are.

Posted from my mobile phone, so pardon the typos.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 18 2016, 7:06 PM 

Is there any subject which Peter isn't an expert in?

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 18 2016, 7:19 PM 

"the ecb has as much authority to tell us we cannot play Gale, or Hodd or anybody else for that matter as they have to tell us we cannot play jb."

They run the competition therefore they have the authority contracts or not. In fact it's not that long since they told us we couldn't play Gale, we disagreed strongly but couldn't do anything about it.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 18 2016, 7:59 PM 

...but that was disciplinary

jb has done nothing wrong.

Graham C
(Login Winston63)

Mixed messages

September 18 2016, 9:20 PM 

Someone is not telling the full story here. BBC Sport Claims an ECB spokesperson said the club knew in July that JB would not be available for the last two games of the season. That flies in the face of individual assessments after the international matches !!

Either YCCC or the ECB are being economical with the truth. I know where my money lies in that one.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 18 2016, 9:22 PM 

EYT wrote "Is there any subject which Peter isn't an expert in?"

Is there any post where EYT doesn't try to put words in my mouth.

How is expressing my opinion put me in the expert bracket?

where did i claim to be an expert in this?

perhaps if you think i am an expert i should be flattered.

Oh and yes, there are many subjects that i am not an expert in, don't know much about rocket science for a start off, don't they run on liquid oxygen?

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

Re: EDITORIAL | We need to talk about JONNY

September 19 2016, 9:40 AM 

Suspect all this carry on has made it less likely Farbrace will succeed Gillespie as Yorkshire coach.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 19 2016, 1:46 PM 

Had a fish around in the papers in my local coffee shop. One suggestion was that the ECB are not concerned about possible tiredness now, but towards the end of an arduous winter programme. Still find that idea a bit feeble, but it is at least a possible non-conspiracy explanation.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 19 2016, 2:39 PM 

I read that too and thought it feeble. The idea that they judge things so precisely that a four day game here or there is going to affect tiredness at the end of a tour is laughable

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

September 19 2016, 3:51 PM 

Usually when there are man management issues involved, it is more complicated than can be made public, or than should be subject of discussion in public.
Even for sportsmen, some discretion is often required from management, and it is a credit to them if they exercise it in these days of celebrities-always-in-the-public-eye, and all-dirty-washing-out-on-the-internet. Especially when they are being criticised in the media.
I believe this may be the case with JB's availability, and Adil's withdrawal. Poor Adil seems to have been panicked by publicity into making a second excuse -- flying in the face of my old headmaster's warning "If a boy makes one excuse, he may be telling the truth. If he makes two, I know he's lying."
There's probably no conspiracy, and probably no disrespect for the CC at the ECB. Yorkshire may have to issue a quiet apology at some time after the season ends.
Everyone should calm down, and get behind the team, for tomorrow.

However, I shall remember to wear a jacket and tie so that I can sit with the Middlesex/MCC crowd in the pavilion this week, and might just not be able to resist heckling the Middlesex players: "Take a rest, Finny", or "Save yourself for Bangladesh, Morgan".

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 19 2016, 4:24 PM 

3 interviews on SkySports re Bairstow. Jason does not agree with the decision, Gus Fraser does. Well what a surprise!!
The third interview was with Finn who stated that it is very fair that all the England players who are touring Bangladesh should be resting. Yet he himself plays. Unbelievable!!

Not sure how true it is but Sky Sports has stated that both Finn and Morgan will play tomorrow.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 19 2016, 5:16 PM 

Well Strauss allowed Morgan to "chicken out" of the Bangladesh tour and if he can now play this week it is a complete mockery of ECB credibility. Clearly there is "collusion" between Fraser and Strauss and if Middlesex do win CC, they will be discredited. Yorkshire have no need to regret their statement about Johnny Bairstow's exclusion - it is blatant bias against our County Club. Johnny has played little cricket since early August and should be playing this week - he does not even have a central contract,

alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Something rotten in the ECB boardroom

September 19 2016, 5:58 PM 

This whole business no longer passes the smell test. Something is decidedly rotten at at the ECB bunker. And given the differing versions as to who knew what and when, it is increasingly obvious that the club was asleep at the wheel and has not done enough to counter this sporting travesty. The integrity of the County Champipnship calls for a thorough inquiry and a reviewof these sometimes ridiculous policies.

I would certainly encourage all Yorkshire fans to go on to social and print media to plead our case and a few plackards would not be out of place at Lords.

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Sep 19, 2016 6:00 PM

Thomas
(Login YorkshireAllOver)

September 19 2016, 6:07 PM 

Even if there's no conspiracy, there is disrespect for the competition, due to a complete lack of consistency. Finn, Buttler, Stokes, Wood, Ball are involved in the tour. Some are centrally contracted, yet they play and others in the same situation don't. To make the competition fair, they needed to say either all or no players were unavailable, otherwise the integrity of the competition is diluted

Especially when you consider Yorkshire have been missing players more than any other county for the whole season, yet now even when there is a chance for players to be involved, we get impeded again and to rub salt in the wounds other counties get to play some of their players!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 19 2016, 6:15 PM 

'A few placards at Lord's wouldn't look out of place'.

Yes they would, it's time to rise above it and get on with supporting the team - there's a game and a championship to win. In any case, try getting placards through the gate!

(Login Jacobus24)

September 19 2016, 6:19 PM 

Strauss doesn't respect the county game, he's made patronising comments before on Sky. I have no trust in how the ECB make their decisions but we still need to find a replacement for Hodd, we'll see next season whether this happens. Rashid's decision is his own and for me Bairstow cares far more for the club than Root.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 19 2016, 6:20 PM 

Our six players should immediately withdraw from the Bangladesh tour on security grounds safe in the knowledge of not risking their places when they want to return in India.

This will give them sufficient rest time after the game this week to fully recover.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk