<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

Re: EDITORIAL | We need to talk about JONNY

September 19 2016, 6:37 PM 

Calm down everyone, Morgan is not in the squad !!

As Dizzy said in his SSN interview, time to move on from the Bairstow issue and get on with the match.

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 19 2016, 6:46 PM 

Brilliant suggestion TU maybe late in the day for that but it would certainly bring the matter to the nations cricketing fans who are unaware of whats been going on re every effort being made to favour Middlesex , Morgan now playing if true is unbelievable. If we cant win it I would love it if the ECB backed Lords outfit lost out to Somerset. I didn't care much for England before initially due to our playing non born UK players in the past and withdrawing YCCC players for drinks and practice duties, but now with the latest actions and Middlesex bias I care nothing for them now, I doubt if I will ever attend one more game involving them.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

September 19 2016, 7:43 PM 

Re the idea that you need to rest players now in case they get tired later in the winter - this notion was ridiculed by Nasser Hussain a few years ago when Jimmy Anderson was rested from a home ODI series in case he got tired during the following winter tour. Hussain's view was that if someone is tired now then you rest them but you can't possibly know if someone will be tired at some future date.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 19 2016, 8:29 PM 

Correct. What if they pick up an injury in the first tour game putting them out for months. Resting now would have been pointless

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Morgan

September 19 2016, 9:09 PM 

Pity Morgan isn't in the squad. It would even things up a bit if he played for them.

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Re: Morgan

September 21 2016, 6:25 PM 

One has to wonder what the Yorkshire line-up would have been if Bairstow, Lehmann, Rashid and even Root had been available.
"\"\""

(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Morgan

September 21 2016, 6:34 PM 

Well I think you might find that Hodd, Willey and Rafiq would not have played for starters rather than Lees Gale and Ballancs who would still have been in the team. So we would still have had three ducks and been 30 odd for 3.

Lyth Lees Root Ballance Bairstow Gale Lehmann Bresnan Rashid Patto Brooks Siddy.

That's 12 I know. Would Gale have stood down or someone else? Probably Lees or Lehmann??

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

September 21 2016, 7:25 PM 

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk