<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Player of the year

September 16 2016 at 6:55 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

It`s voting time.

From the OS

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5167/vote-for-your-player-of-the-year

Must admit, I am struggling to pick anyone.

No really outstanding performances by any of the players. A lot of steady consistent performances throughout the season (and some dire ones), but no-one that really stands out.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Player of the year

September 16 2016, 7:08 PM 

Sidebottom or Bresnan for me. If we win the title it will be largely due to Ryan's impact since he returned to fitness. Lyth and Lees have very good stats but neither feels like a player of the year to me.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 16 2016, 7:08 PM 

Well it will have to be a bowler!

(Login dpressed)

September 16 2016, 7:11 PM 

It has to be Bresnan. We'd have been in serious trouble without Tim's batting

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 16 2016, 7:12 PM 

Patterson. Unsung hero.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 16 2016, 7:18 PM 

Brezzy lad for me.

WRF
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

WRF Player of the Year Poll

September 16 2016, 7:30 PM 

The WRF will be running its own Player of the Year poll, as we have for the past 10 years. We generally put it up during or just after Yorkshires last match. Check back next week.

Alex

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

September 16 2016, 7:31 PM 

Me too, though would have no issue with Ryan or Patto.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 16 2016, 7:39 PM 

Thanks for the suggestions, but it is "player of the season". Does 3 or 4 matches for Siddy count? Still struggling, I will probably go for Bresnan, but he missed a fair chunk of the season as well and Brooks missed a month.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

September 16 2016, 7:49 PM 

Probably Bresnan, though the number of runs scored and wickets taken are significantly down on last year. Often though, he has made an impact at difficult times.
A case could be made for Lees, who has scored a lot of runs without always catching the eye. (I wish he could cut down on flirting outside off stump). He has also made a decent job of captaining the one day side. It can't have been easy for such a young man to handle the media and gain the cooperation of so many experienced experienced and older professionals. Two semi-finals speak for themselves.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 16 2016, 8:37 PM 

Brezzie lad by a country mile.
He must be knackered after his efforts this Summer - I wonder what he has lined up for the Winter....?

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

September 16 2016, 8:49 PM 

Bresnan, Brooks, Patterson in that order.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 17 2016, 9:30 AM 

Brezzie, patto brooks for me in that order

put patto ahead of brooks as he has been more reliable than brooks

can always rely on patto

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 17 2016, 9:56 AM 

Tricky one to call.

My gut feel was Bres but then his stats in the CC were not as good as I expected , a lot of his performances must have been in one dayers

Since their return from injury Sid and Brooks have been the stars but perhaps not over the whole season. Then others have sadly been limited in appearances due to England call ups. Others are a bit hit or miss like the opening pair of batsmen so I'm going for Mr Dependable Patto who has ploughed on while others around have come and gone and he has taken wickets, been economical and provided stout resistance with the bat when needed.

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

September 17 2016, 9:57 AM 

We seem to on a similar page here Peter.

I edged Brooks because of the devastating spells he has that have turned the games in our favour. Not much between him and the immense Patto.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 17 2016, 10:06 AM 

Bresnan
Brooks.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 17 2016, 10:37 AM 

Root for me!

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 17 2016, 12:23 PM 

I went for Bresnan too. His figures aren't that spectacular but he's always been the man that we've looked to when we've found ourselves in trouble this season and he seems to have delivered more often than not. Not as many outstanding performers to choose between this season anyway.

Most of the above nominations are very much focusing on Championship performances. If we were to give a more equal weighting to each of the three formats then I think Lyth would come into the reckoning, with him being our top runscorer in each of the white ball formats after enjoying career best seasons in both the 50 and 20 over games, as well as scoring only 70 fewer runs than Lees in the Championship. His 6 centuries for Yorkshire this summer is double the amount that any other player has made, and in terms of impact I think the two centuries he scored in a week in the RL50 were the catalyst for our much-improved white ball form thereafter.

This message has been edited by _JG_ on Sep 17, 2016 12:23 PM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk