<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Middlesex vs Yorkshire (Pre-match thread)

September 17 2016, 9:59 PM 

OK then, as I watch my credibility drift away down the Aire, please explain how it is fair for Murtagh to be allowed to play whilst JB & JR are not allowed to play?

If it's not a conspiracy then how can it be explained away?

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 17 2016, 10:16 PM 

well thats an easy one. Murtagh is contracted to the irish cricket board, and they are allowing their players to play, jonny is contracted to england and they have asked that he does not play.

I wonder if that is backing up jonny's wishes or going against them?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 17 2016, 10:45 PM 

Interesting that you use JB as your example Peter. Earlier this week we heard that JB was bery unhappy and frustrated about not being allowed to play, exemplified by hearsay evidence from his mother and posted by myself among others.

By the same token, and from the same source, his mother, and again hearsay, on Wednesday, the story was that he was absolutely exhausted and needed the rest that the ECB are enforcing.

Not sure what to believe but the only certainty, at the moment, is that he will not play. However, none of that makes the respective boards' decisions fair or equable

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

September 17 2016, 10:51 PM 

I've been away all day at two football matches, behaving as a "football type".

I see the conspiracy stuff is still on the boil.

It has now reached that superb stage where I can't tell whether some posters are taking the p**s or being serious.

Love it......

Another plug for the Beer Festival

https://www.lords.org/lords/things-to-do/lords-beer-festival-2016/

Phil
YCCC Member
Middlesex Member (so presumably responsible for the omission of Root & Bairstow)
South Australian Cricket Association Member (Absent 2016/17) (so presumably responsible for the recall of Lehmann)

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 17 2016, 10:59 PM 

As a Middx member were you also responsible for Finn being allowed to play last week and which other game did you attend? ( Assuming you were at SUFC v Peterboro')

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

September 17 2016, 11:21 PM 

Sheffield United U18 2 (Jordan Hallam got 'em both) v Colchester United U18 0

ding dong - chances galore - both ends

free entry, no Membership required.

As a Middlesex Member, I am very familiar with all the nooks & crannies in the Pavilion at Lord's.

If there is enough interest, I'm thinking of running tours to "the very room where Fraser & Strauss colluded to have Root & Bairstow rested"

Phil

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 17 2016, 11:54 PM 

The conspiracy theory doing the rounds on here now is surely a wind up....Come on, we can do better than that!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 18 2016, 12:12 AM 

Can someone please enlighten me...

Andrew Strauss...

A. Doesn't care a toss about the county championship and would like to kill it off.

Or B. Cares about it so much that he's actually involved in a conspiracy to fix it.

Which is it? Reading this forum suggests it's both; surely not!

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 18 2016, 7:28 AM 

A

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

September 18 2016, 8:10 AM 

A

(Despite the fact that is was his own road to riches and fame. I saw him open the batting for Middlesex 2s at Old Trafford, with a bloke called Konig, who didn't become famous. I thought it was a German invasion, at the time.)

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

September 18 2016, 8:49 AM 

Seadog73

Come on Mate. Get with the Programme.

If the Strauss Conspiracy works, he'll have devalued the County Championship so much it'll be killed off.

This is STRAUSS we're talking about.

He's doing A & B you Mug.....

Phil

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 18 2016, 9:03 AM 

The only question I want to know the answer to is whether there are players who have said they would like to play who have been told they can't.

(Login dpressed)

September 18 2016, 9:37 AM 

The answer is more complicated.

Yes Straus is out to wreck the County Championship, but he's an ex-Middlesex captain so being able to help them win is an added bonus.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 18 2016, 9:56 AM 

I don't think that makes a lot of sense, how can someone be disinterested in the CC, yet at the same time try to rig it?
Keeping up with all these conspiracy theories is confusing me.

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

September 18 2016, 10:55 AM 

May I also remind everyone on The Grassy Knoll that SOMERSET also have a chance of winning the Champo.

Don't forget that Strauss also played one game for them.

The devious git.

He ain't denying it.

Phil
Area 51

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 18 2016, 11:46 AM 

Bloody hell, are people actually serious with these claims of a conspiracy??

Re: Murtagh, I'm sure the dynamics between a county and the cricket board that administers all of their domestic cricket and provides most of their funding and between a county and a fairly weak third party board are a bit different...

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 18 2016, 11:52 AM 

Some on here are going to hate it if we manage to win the title this week without Root & Bairstow, be struggling for something to moan about

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

September 18 2016, 12:19 PM 

I think all this stuff about conspiracy theories etc arises out of the fact that there is no clarity from the ECB as to how the process for which players are rested and when works.

If they were to come out and say who actually makes the decision and what it is based upon (is it Strauss/Bayliss/Farbrace making the decision alone or do the players as Fraser seemed to suggest have an input) and then after the decision is made say why it was made for each individual player, a lot of the suspicion that it is not consistently applied across the board might go away.

Perhaps we ought to move to a system closer to the one that operates in English rugby union and have the players belong to England during the period of internationals but outside this period they belong to the counties and it is then between the players and the counties to decide if they need rest.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 18 2016, 12:38 PM 

Phil Quote:

"Come on Mate. Get with the Programme. If the Strauss Conspiracy works, he'll have devalued the County Championship so much it'll be killed off. This is STRAUSS we're talking about.He's doing A & B you Mug....."

I agree that the idea of a pro-Middlesex conspiracy regarding JB and Root is ridiculous, but are you really suggesting that it is also ridiculous to take the view that the ECB are, at best, uninterested in the championship and, at worst, see it is an impediment to their vision for the game?

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 18 2016, 12:56 PM 

There is logic in the "powers that be" to insist that Root takes rest as he has had long season PLAYING in internationals but the same logic does not apply for Bairstow who has had rests in recent weeks and is not a fully contracted England player. There is inconsistency and "silence" from those responsible only leads to suspicions of unfair player treatment and conspiracy theories.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk