<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Middlesex vs Yorkshire (Pre-match thread)

September 18 2016, 1:07 PM 

It is not a conspiracy as the ECB do not have enough brains between them to hatch any plots. As far as they are concerned, the CC does not exist in their grand plans, so they probably did not even know that the top two teams were playing this week.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 18 2016, 1:08 PM 

Come on you conspiracy theorists, Adil Rashid rested at him own request for the Middlesex game. Let's hear why?!?

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 18 2016, 1:16 PM 

Rashid has history doing this. I think he is being selfish.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 18 2016, 1:16 PM 

I thought you were on the wind up until I checked the OS ECT.

That is a surprise and , to me, very concerning. Why would a professional cricketer not want to play in what could be the bggest game of the championship season?

Does he not want to face the pressure? I wonder how the rest of the players view that decision?

Conspiracy theory answer-

Is he joining Middx next year?

BTW After the way he gave his wicket away in the 2nd innings v Somerset nothing would surprise me and I am very surprised he did not get any criticism on here when that happened.

This message has been edited by legglance on Sep 18, 2016 1:20 PM

stevebluejay
(Login stevebluejay)

September 18 2016, 1:21 PM 

Obviously winning a third successive title is far less important than being fresh for the Bangladesh trip for Adil?

Also obviously, JB and Root were never going to be allowed to play, probably why Yorkshire didn't even bother asking the question, they already knew the answer.

Or is it another nail in the coffin for those who say county cricket and specifically the championship is dying?

I don't have any solutions apart from producing players who aren't good enough for England in the future!

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 18 2016, 1:23 PM 

From OS:

Yorkshire’s 13-man squad to face Middlesex:

Gary Ballance, Tim Bresnan, Jack Brooks, Andrew Gale ©, Andrew Hodd (w), Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Liam Plunkett, Azeem Rafiq, Ryan Sidebottom, Jack Leaning, David Willey.

Hard to remember a side with so little batting. Early 1980s, perhaps - seem to remember Bairstow going in at 4 in JPL games, with little after him.

A disgrace and an insult to all the supporters who have paid good money all season following the team to this point.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 18 2016, 1:23 PM 

I think Adil pulled out of a test match in the Caribbean a couple of years ago after declaring himself to be unfit.

MikeBrc
(Login MikeBrc)

September 18 2016, 1:25 PM 

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 18 2016, 1:28 PM 

This is getting so frustrating Im fast falling out with the game , as if we haven't had enough bad news regarding player availability.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 18 2016, 1:29 PM 

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

September 18 2016, 1:32 PM 

Well done to Yorkshire County Cricket Club for expressing its justifiable frustration at the ECB position. Good.

I look forward to similarly trenchant remarks, when the time comes, regarding the far more concerning developments relating to the mooted City-based 20/20 mullarkey.

(Login Jacobus24)

September 18 2016, 1:33 PM 

Great to read that statement, sick of this nonsense.

WRF
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 18 2016, 1:39 PM 

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

September 18 2016, 1:40 PM 

I'm extremely disappointed by Rashid's decision to request withdrawal from the game. However, it's hardly surprising that he may perceive asymmetry in the way the ECB has applied its criteria. Rashid has a point. He has played at least as much Cricket recently as most of those who have been instructed to 'rest'.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 18 2016, 1:41 PM 

Very disappointed to read that about Adil Rashid. Last game of the season with the title at stake and he asks to be rested? Very poor. I'd go as far as to say that although he's an obvious asset to us I wouldn't be too upset if we let him go this winter.
Secondly, well done to the club on releasing the statement on Jonny Bairstow, I know it doesn't make any difference or change anything for this game but hopefully it may have an impact in the future. Must have been a tough call for the club whether to make their feelings public or not so well done to them.
I hope Jadon Gillespie has a parting shot at the Ecb as well.

stevebluejay
(Login stevebluejay)

September 18 2016, 1:42 PM 

I'm not a full member as i cannot get t enough games to justify the outlay, but no wonder membership numbers are dwindling.

What is the point of being a fully paid up member these days with the way the ECB treat Yorkshire, i understand it is a personal preference but it is a joke.

Imagine buying your Man City season pass and Argentina pulling Aguero and Belgium pulling De Bruyne out for the big games of the season or the title decider!

Credit to YCCC for their statement, but discredit to the ECB as their stance does the GAME no favours.

What do central contracts mean when JB doesn't even have one just yet and he is still being dictated to.

Yorkshire will not win at Middlesex in my opinion, but the end to this season and the shenanigans with the ECB making some players available and not others, has been farcical to say the least and has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I feel sorry for our members who are being taken for a ride with their money, not by Yorkshire i may add and i also feel sorry for the folks travelling to Lords for what could well be an anti climax for us, hope i'm wrong by the way.

The situation never gets clarified and will get worse in the next few years.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 18 2016, 1:45 PM 

An interesting response from Andrew Gale when asked on Twitter about Rashid "Yes, he wants to rest. That's his decision. I'll take 11 lads on the field who will give everything to win"

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 18 2016, 1:46 PM 

The only positive I can see is that the remaining eligible players might be fired up bythe injustice and win the game against all the odds and the ECB.

Never needed Yorkshire grit, determination and intransigence more than next week. Come on boys , stuff the blazers.

WRF
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 18 2016, 1:50 PM 

One wonders what the ECB's decision would have been if Jonny Bairstow had ASKED TO PLAY!

Jonny Bairstow discussion thread

""

stevebluejay
(Login stevebluejay)

September 18 2016, 1:57 PM 

If JB had asked to play, guaranteed he would have been told an uncertain no by the ECB.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk