<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Adil Rashid

September 18 2016 at 2:06 PM
Dwight_Schrute  (Login Dwight_Schrute)

Has hopefully played his last match for Yorkshire.

Bottler.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

Re: Adil Rashid

September 18 2016, 2:15 PM 

I sincerely hope not.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 18 2016, 2:16 PM 

I'm not jumping to conclusions just yet. There may be more to it. We just don't know.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

rashid

September 18 2016, 2:16 PM 

Promised a lot over the years but this is the last straw time to get rid .

WRF
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 18 2016, 2:17 PM 

Not a career-enhancing decision by Rashid. With three of our top players missing already, including our oversees signing, we needed all hands on deck. Rashid may well have played his last match for Yorkshire.
""

(Login Jacobus24)

Re: rashid

September 18 2016, 2:22 PM 

Awful behaviour, very lazy and selfish.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 18 2016, 2:27 PM 

If there is more to it then surely the club would have cited personal reasons? Poor from them if in that case.

But at this stage it appears he just wants a rest.

Big Rich
(Login Newyorkie)

September 18 2016, 2:28 PM 

There must be more to this than first meets the eye. I'm reserving judgment until the full story comes out.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

September 18 2016, 2:31 PM 

....or he may perceive that other players in the England set up have been treated differently to him. He may judge that he is just as entitled to a rest as many of the others.
I don't necessarily condone that view but it is an interpretation of his action and, perhaps, a further indication of how flawed the present ECB policy on this matter appears to be

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 18 2016, 2:33 PM 

This does seem very very odd. He was awful against Somerset with bat and ball so maybe we will be better off without him anyway.

Loiner
(Login TheLoiner)

September 18 2016, 3:17 PM 

Incredibly selfish from Rashid, compare that to what Patto did against Durham.

Phil
(Login PhiltheYorkshirefan)

September 18 2016, 3:19 PM 

He's having a rest and if he feels thats needed then people can't complain.

Adil will be going into what will be a very busy period for him . Bangladesh ODI and Tests before Christmas along with India test. India ODI's then West Indies ODI's. Then the longest ever summer for England which will start with the ODI's and champ trophy.

He will need to rest. 2 months in a long long time England don't play cricket. If he's part of all formats.

Just checked 2 months of non cricket until the end of 2018

SF
(Login elfeather)

Young family

September 18 2016, 3:24 PM 

And he has a young family which I imagine he hardly ever sees and is likely to see even less of them over the next year or so

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 18 2016, 3:25 PM 

Believe he's given an interview to the CricketYorkshire website and we'll find out his reasons shortly.

stevebluejay
(Login stevebluejay)

September 18 2016, 4:38 PM 

I've got work in the morning, not many days holiday left this year and i have to work between Christmas and new year, i wouldn't mind some time off for a rest, i wonder if my employers will be ok about it!

Rash has let his mates down just before the biggest game of the season, it's 4 days cricket for goodness sake.

I\'m sure he has valid reasons in his opinion, burnout, not on top form, don't want to play badly and let my county down. All pathetic in my opinion, as i sad, he has 4 maximum days to play for his county this season, a couple of which he might be sat up in the pavilion anyhow.

Poor show.

Gary Watton
(Login GaryFulford)

September 18 2016, 4:45 PM 

I wish that Jack Leaning would demand a rest from the final match. We are playing for the gold medal. We can't afford to carry any passengers, and I'm looking at you too Andrew Gale.Fifteen runs cameos aren't going to get us many batting points or win us the match.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 18 2016, 5:17 PM 

Gary. That's the second post this afternoon that I find offensive. I am sure you can find one more for the hat trick.

I am sure Leaning Gale and the other nine selected will be trying their best and at least have the pride to go out and do their best in a Yorkshire shirt.

Insults and cheap shots don't help them at all.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 18 2016, 5:44 PM 

Agree with you TU, anybody who puts on a yorkshire shirt should be fully committed to the cause.

I am sure gale and leaning try their best for the county and are a damn site better at it than i would be.

As for Rashid, no excuses whatsoever. He should be heavily fined and not play for yorkshire again.

Anyone know when his contract is up?

(Login dpressed)

September 18 2016, 7:03 PM 

I do have to wonder if'someone' has 'has a word' with Rashid

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 18 2016, 7:07 PM 

Why do you wonder that depressed?

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk