<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

Re: Adil Rashid

September 18 2016, 7:13 PM 

Rashid's decision to pull out of Yorkshire's most important game of this season has made him 3rd choice spinner in my eyes. I mean, who in their right mind would decline the opportunity to win silverware?

As for a heavy international schedule lined up, I'm not having that as an excuse. 7 Tests and 3 ODIs between October and Christmas, roughly two weeks rest before completing the India limited overs series. Another fortnight off before a 3 match ODI series against the West Indies. Then a whole month off before the 2017 season begins. A manageable schedule compared to some Southern Hemisphere sides who are playing non-stop between October and March.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 18 2016, 7:39 PM 

If this game was a dead rubber then I would say fair enough but this is a Championship decider. Unless other reasons we dont know about then feel a bit let down.

LUTyke
(Login Y4EV)

September 18 2016, 7:50 PM 

Shouldn't really hang him until the full story comes out but this does not look good on Rashid. If there are more serious reasons behind this why are the club website and Gale hanging him out to dry?

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

A very curious decision

September 18 2016, 9:29 PM 

The club website clearly states that Rashid requested to be rested ahead of the upcoming tour. There was no mention of an injury.

Well, we are already down three key players, and would reasonably expect the available players to step up and be counted.

Yet Rashid has ruled himself out of the most important match of the season with the team shorthanded.

On the face of it, this is a selfish, ill-advised decison by Rashid, who appears to be looking out for #1. I'll hold my final.conclusions until I know more, but on the face of it Rashid should have played his last match for Yorkshire.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

Re: A very curious decision

September 18 2016, 9:52 PM 

Agree we need to know/understand more, and I'm not one for kicking people out. However I suspect Adil will find the dressing room feels a distinctly different place on his return. That's a very close-knit team, many of who have grown up together, led by a captain who two years ago was distraught at being deprived of the chance to play for Yorkshire in a title decider.

My favourite current cricketer. Feeling fairly let down.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 18 2016, 10:09 PM 

After having a couple of hours to digest the news that Rashid asked to rested I have come to the opinion he should not play for Yorkshire again. Unless of course there is something personel we dont know about. I have the feeling the club would have stated 'Personal Reasons' if this was the case.
If he plays again I would not boo him or anything stupid but would find it hard to clap when it is announced he is coming on the bat or bowl.

I was really looking forward to the game this week, getting the train down for days 2 and 3 but at moment the shine been took off it with Rashid and Bairstow.

MikeBrc
(Login MikeBrc)

September 19 2016, 12:13 PM 

Adil has just tweeted this message

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cstk-lAXEAA35ZY.jpg:large

and has spoken to James Fuller of Cricket Yorkshire

http://cricketyorkshire.com/why-adil-rashid-isnt-playing-for-yorkshire/

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 19 2016, 12:25 PM 

Why couldn`t Yorkshire CCC have told us these reasons right from the start, and it would have stopped all the needless speculation and anger among the fans.

He has a family illness, same as Patto, so that is now fine with me. We gave Patto compassionate leave, so we are doing the same with Rashid.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 19 2016, 12:25 PM 

agreed. Why were we not given the full facts at the start ?

This message has been edited by garywilson2 on Sep 19, 2016 12:26 PM

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 19 2016, 12:28 PM 

If Gale, Gillespie and Yorkshire were aware of this then why have they hung him out to dry? Confused.

Happy to retract my comments and wish him and his family well.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 19 2016, 12:31 PM 

After reading this I am willing to give Rashid benefit of the doubt.
Sadly the original reason of 'wanting to be rested' has already been put out and have a feeling it is that one that a lot of people will remember.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 19 2016, 12:39 PM 

Agree Dwight, also happy to retract any statements I have made and wish him and his family well.

This, and the JB affair has been a PR disaster by YCC. Someone is/has been telling "porkies", as the versions sent by the club in both the Rashid & Bairstow affairs are completely in variance with each other.

With Bairstow, the ECB state that the club knew in July, the club say they did not know then.

And now we get two different versions of the Rashid withdrawal.

Is Rashid telling "porkies", is YCC telling "porkies", is the ECB telling "porkies".

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 19 2016, 12:40 PM 

I thought there would be more to his unavailability for he always seems very committed - it has not been well handled by the Club🙁

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 19 2016, 12:45 PM 

Very strange carry on, if statement goes out yesterday saying Rashid unavailable due to family illness everybody accepts it & moves on, the way Gale answered a question on twitter about this yesterday did not indicate he was aware this was the case

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 19 2016, 12:53 PM 

Family should always come first ahead of work but different players have different ways of dealing with it.

You've lost Patterson and Rashid for a vital match and Lancashire have lost Alviro Petersen for a "relegation decider" for reported "family reasons".

Not much supporters can do about it, but frustrating when players are unavailable at the worst possible time.

(Login Jacobus24)

September 19 2016, 12:59 PM 

Hoping the players are fully focused on winning the title rather than Rashid.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 19 2016, 1:21 PM 

Rashid's statement alters the situation completely but, if he made his reasons known to YCCC at the time, why was that not communicated rather than saying 'he wanted to rest'?

There's something fishy about the whole situation in my opinion and it needs further clarification, which should come from YCC, even if it's only an apology as to the wording of their initial statement.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 19 2016, 1:28 PM 

This, coupled with the ecb counter-statement regarding Bairstow, has frankly made the club look like a bunch of incompetent clowns. I hope this is not the start of a return to the bad old days.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

rashid

September 19 2016, 1:31 PM 

Do you think the ecb would except I'm a bit tired can I have a rest iv had a hard season as an excuse for not playing well .

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 19 2016, 1:35 PM 

If Rashid told Gillespie and Gale he wanted to be left out more for family reasons than "resting" reasons then i can't understand the lack of sympathy in their tweets on the subject .

Does such a lack of empathy with a player sound like the style of either of them ? The answer for me is "no".

There is more to come out yet .

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk