<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: A very curious decision

September 20 2016, 11:31 AM 

I really think the anger is unwarranted in this thread. i dont know how tired adil is or how ill any member of his family is but come on some of the bile ive seen written here is uncalled for.

Ian, I presume from your login that you are a sailor.
Perhaps you would like to tell your commanding officer next time you are sent to a conflict that you are too tired to go and need a rest.....think if you did you would have plenty of time to watch yorkshire....after you were released from Colchester Military Prison that is.

This is Rashid's job, for which is signed a contract for, just like you. If he refuses to play then he should be punished, unless of course he has a very good reason, being tired is not in my opinion a good enough reason.

Therefore, no matter who you are, if you do not want to play in the most important match of the season, you can expect the anger of both your teammates and supporters.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 20 2016, 12:49 PM 

I seem to recall that when Trescothick first pulled out of a tour, tiredness and fatigue was cited. It turned out to be something far more serious. Sometimes people suffering from more serious conditions such as depression or anxiety may come up with alternative reasons as to why they are not able to engage with something out of fear or shame or denial. For that reason alone we shouldn't be too quick to judge.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 20 2016, 12:56 PM 

Think we should leave it to the management of the club with input from the coaches and players on how to deal with Rashid. They will know more details then us and whatever they decide, respect it and draw a line under it.

Ian
(Login Royalnavy)

September 20 2016, 2:33 PM 

"Ian, I presume from your login that you are a sailor.
Perhaps you would like to tell your commanding officer next time you are sent to a conflict that you are too tired to go and need a rest.....think if you did you would have plenty of time to watch yorkshire....after you were released from Colchester Military Prison that is.

This is Rashid's job, for which is signed a contract for, just like you. If he refuses to play then he should be punished, unless of course he has a very good reason, being tired is not in my opinion a good enough reason.

Therefore, no matter who you are, if you do not want to play in the most important match of the season, you can expect the anger of both your teammates and supporters"

Give over Peter. Id fully expect the support, understanding and care from my employers that my years of service warranted. If indeed there was a serious situation to deal with thats what we ( myself and emplyer) would do. What i wouldn't expect is all manner of name calling, abuse and downright nastiness from faceless keyboard warriors.

(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Michael Vaughan wades in

September 22 2016, 2:47 AM 

"It has been an unsettling few days for Yorkshire, dominated by rows with the England & Wales Cricket Board over Jonny Bairstow and a fall out with Adil Rashid.

In a funny kind of way it may galvanise them this week at Lord’s. Whether it is enough for them to play consistent cricket to beat Middlesex is another thing but Andrew Gale, the captain, will be happy that he has 11 cricketers who desperately want to be on the field this week."

Vaughan article
""

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk