<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stokes Book

September 18 2016 at 4:38 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Just published an autobiography

from Wikapeadia - An autobiography is a written account of the LIFE of a person written by that person. In other words, it is the story that a person wrote about themselves.

He has been playing test cricket less than 3 years. Bit early to be writing his autobiography. I think Joe Root has also done one. Surely the best time is when your career has ended, but money talks!! I suppose he could publish two or three more by then!!.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login SoftHandApproach)

Re: Stokes Book

September 18 2016, 4:58 PM 

I also doubt it is an *AUTO*biography and suspect it is fact a biography that Stokes has endorsed.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 18 2016, 6:15 PM 

Joe's book is one with a focus on one series - the Ashes. There's a chapter or two on his youth, with some real warmth for Yorkshire cricket, but after that it's dull stuff. What Stokes will have to say/endorse I can't imagine. Very often the books of the most exciting players are tedious to read (Don't tell Kath), while those of the game's journeymen are much better (A lot of hard Yakka)

(Login matthefish2002)

September 18 2016, 9:34 PM 

Ben Stokes book is being serialised in the Daily Mail. (Wasnt my copy!)
He is not fan of Marlon Samuel is little surprise.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 18 2016, 9:40 PM 

Marlon Samuels Part 1, 250 in South Africa, Marlon Samuels Part 2 plus THAT over. The End.

One for the Christmas list. Not

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk