<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Wednesday

September 19 2016 at 7:19 AM
Guest  (Login ThirdUmpire)

By chance I am in London on Wednesday so plan to pop in when meetings are over. Where are the hard core Yorkshire fans travelling to support our team going to be sitting?

I have only ever seen Yorkshire play away from home once before - Lords 1987 v Northants in the B&H final which we won off the last ball.

I am hoping I am a lucky omen and prepared to follow my hunch for the good of the county, justice and the treble!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

Re: Wednesday

September 19 2016, 7:53 AM 

If you're a Yorkshire member, I wouldn't miss the chance to get into the pavilion, particularly if your meeting has forced you into the required jacket and tie anyway. A section of the NE upper will have established itself on the pavilion upper balcony. Otherwise there will certainly be a contingent behind the bowler's arm on the top deck of Compton/Edrich at the Nursery End.

Hope you make it.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

September 19 2016, 8:46 AM 

I will be in Mykonos, where the dress code is less annoying. Can recommend the Allen stand, high up to right of pavilion, where there's a splendid bunch of real cricket supporter Middlesex members.

Meanwhile, I'll be looking to borrow someone's ipad or tablet or whatever the things are called to check on our progress from time to time.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

September 19 2016, 10:56 AM 

...and I'll be in Córdoba, where the tapas bars will be rocking when news leeches out about our third title in a row.
(Would have loved to be at Lords but...me and Adil both need a rest.)

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 19 2016, 11:36 AM 

Thanks.

Can't believe some of you will be overseas! Where's your loyalty and commitment?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 19 2016, 11:40 AM 

I would never dream of taking a holiday during the cricket season.

My commitment will be watching every ball on SKY. Hope those going to Lords, have a great time and watch us lift the Championship again.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 19 2016, 10:56 PM 

I would second Compton or Edrich Upper- excellent view of play with the bonus of the Pavillion in the background.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk