<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Lions (and Tigers and Bears?)

September 19 2016 at 11:52 AM
CaravanShaker  (Login CaravanShaker)

Ok, a brief respite from the current friendly discussions about the Middlesex squad.

The bad news - the ECB have expanded/developed the winter Development/A squads, thus giving ample opportunity for them to tear the tinfoil hats off our players and get them carrying drinks for England. We now have:
-Lions
-Young Lions
-Pace Programme
-Overseas Placements

There are 50 players involved from all 18 counties. Locations for training camps include Sandhurst, Loughborough, Dubai, a grassy knoll in Dallas, and the film set where they faked the moon landings.

The good news - only one of ours is picked - Harry Brook will be playing for/training with the Kittens. This means the ECB will leave us alone, no longer taking our players every time we play a home counties side.

Or

The worse news - only one of ours is picked. This means that our production line of talent is over, condemning us to another 33 years without a championship.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

Re: Lions (and Tigers and Bears?)

September 19 2016, 12:56 PM 

"The worse news - only one of ours is picked. This means that our production line of talent is over, condemning us to another 33 years without a championship."

That's my take on it.
Not sure about the 33 years comment though, but I'm sure it's made tongue in cheek.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

Re: Lions (and Tigers and Bears?)

September 19 2016, 2:49 PM 

Hopefully it means our younger players are free to go and play in Australia and South Africa. I think playing competitive cricket is better for development than the indoor nets at Loughborough, but what do I know?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk