Owner

""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

Re: POLL |2016 YORKSHIRE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

September 20 2016, 7:04 AM 

This is a bit of a one horse race. Went for Bressy with an average of 37.50 with the bat and 30.46 with the ball.

Had Sidebottom played more matches it may have been closer. His bowling average is 19.73 in the championship.

On a side note, I think it's fair to say Lyth and Lees have had a few disappointing innings between them but they have also made more runs this season than most on here have given them credit for.

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

September 20 2016, 7:26 AM 

Bresnan, Brooks, Patterson in that order.

Agreed with the comment above about Sidebottom.

What this pole shows are our problems - Middle order batting and keeper.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 20 2016, 7:34 AM 

Still think sidders should be included.

although he has missed a good part of the season, i cannot recall any match that he has played in and been disappointing.

For now I am witholding my vote until after our most important match of this season.

Should sidders do well in this match i will certainly be voting for him, otherwise i guess bressie.

Although bressie has not done as well as last year, he would normally have won player of the year easily last year had it not been for the remarkable performance of jb.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 20 2016, 7:58 AM 

Patto for me for consistency, reliability, economy and stubborn batting when needed

(Login matthefish2002)

September 20 2016, 9:18 AM 

Tim Bresnan for me straight away.
Also Patterson and Sidebottom have never let anyone down when they have played.
Lyth and Lees have scored more runs then I thought but don't feel they have scored enough runs when its mattered.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 20 2016, 9:40 AM 

Tim Bresnan for me. All round our best performer throughout the season (to date!)

If someone gets a 10 for or hits a winning century then I suggest the poll is voided and started again!

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

Re: POLL 2016 YORKSHIRE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

September 20 2016, 9:52 AM 

1000 CC runs for Lyth, and he did turn around our 1 day season with back-to-back centuries against Northants and Lancashire, both centuries coming in very quick time. Also an excellent slip fielder and boundary fielder in limited overs (final ball against Warwickshire at Headingley springs to mind). Think he deserves more credit than he's been given.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 20 2016, 10:54 AM 

Agree with the comment about Lyth: he's our second top scorer in the Championship and top scorer in the RL50 and T20, enjoying career best seasons in each of the white ball formats, and has scored double the amount of centuries of any other Yorkshire batsman (I think all in Yorkshire wins). With a game to go he's actually only 200 runs shy of the total he made in his golden summer of 2014. Aside from the weight of runs argument, I would argue that the two RL50 centuries he made in a week were the catalyst for the vast improvement in our one-day cricket in the second half of the season, which unless we achieve the unlikely this week will surely be the main positive to take from the 2016 season.

No real outstanding candidates this year like there has been in previous seasons so I will withold my vote and hope for a hero to emerge this week. Otherwise Bresnan probably does just edge it.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 21 2016, 10:43 AM 

JG, I am with you.

If lyth produces a match winning innings this week, i will vote for him, same with brooks and sidders, otherwise its bressie all the way for me.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 21 2016, 6:14 PM 

ok, after the way he has batted and bowled in this match, there is no way i cannot vote for bressie now, even if lyth gets a double century on friday.

so vote made.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 21 2016, 6:29 PM 

Yep, Bres rather cementing his claims here...

Eastriding
(Login eastriding)

September 22 2016, 11:43 AM 

What can Tim Bresnan not do?

I am reminded of the story related from an English Football fan at the 1966 World cup.

If I went home and found Ferenc Puskas (read Tim Bresnan) in bed with my wife I'd ask him if he'd like a cup of Tea

(Login Fozzie1973)

Re: 100

September 22 2016, 11:46 AM 

Think we can all agree Tim Bresnan is player of the year now

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

September 22 2016, 2:05 PM 

"If I went home and found Ferenc Puskas (read Tim Bresnan) in bed with my wife I'd ask him if he'd like a cup of Tea"

If I came home and found Bresnan having a cup of tea I'd ask him if he fancied going to bed with my wife.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 22 2016, 2:31 PM 

....and hope he fathers a son with her.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 22 2016, 2:34 PM 

You do have a natural 'talent' for pushing it Peter happy.gif

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 22 2016, 3:37 PM 

Can we vote twice for Tim?

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

September 22 2016, 10:49 PM 

Tom's one horse is even further ahead of the field now

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 23 2016, 8:10 AM 

If he gets a five-fer today I think he might just sneak it....

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk