<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
(Login GaryFulford)

Gary Watton

September 21 2016, 3:11 PM 

Nottinghamshire are not doing us any favours, but then we needed to do ourselves some favours against Somerset last week and not rely on others. The 2016 CC, the one that got away.

JG
(Login _JG_)

Re: Gary Watton

September 21 2016, 6:33 PM 

Notts are a pitiful side aren't they. All of the money they've spent on attracting players from other counties down the years and this is the best they can muster? I think Newell and to a lesser extent Moores should be grateful that the shake-up of their coaching team was not a bit more extreme. Having said that, Ball's development is a major bright point: he'll take wickets for fun in Div Two next year.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 21 2016, 6:40 PM 

I think the sudden loss of James Taylor has been a factor although he would have been in the test team for much of the summer. Plus Hales is a loss too when you see who they have opening for them. But yes, their cheque book has bought some duds including Lumb and Gidman

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 22 2016, 10:44 AM 

Somerset lead by 350 on a raging turner with 3 spinners in their team against a side who failed to get past the follow on target and are already relegated.

They could declare now and win by tonight.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 22 2016, 12:01 PM 

Rogers looks likely to sign off his county career with two hundreds in the match & possibly the championship as well.
Not a bad swan song.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 22 2016, 12:19 PM 

Lead of 523 and still batting.

Oh Rogers is 95 not out .....

I'd laugh if Notts clung on with 9 down...

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

September 22 2016, 2:24 PM 

As if Lords isn't bad enough.
Libby RUN OUT for Notts for pity's sake.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 22 2016, 2:33 PM 

2 out of the top 3 run out.

They want a 3 day game obviously.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 22 2016, 2:34 PM 

Ditto Lumb.

Early train back to Nottingham clearly booked so Notts can have a rest tomorrow and a party tonight

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 22 2016, 2:35 PM 

Great minds........... TU

Tyke 83
(Login Tyke83)

September 22 2016, 4:43 PM 

Spirited half century from Billy Root.

(Login dpressed)

September 22 2016, 5:23 PM 

But Notts lose in 3 days. So if the match at Lords is drawn Zumerset win their 1st Championship.

Expect hoards of Cider filled pitch wreckers travelling up the M4 as I CX type lol

The last sentence is a joke ....... hopefully

Roundhegian
(Login Roundhegian)

Re: Notts second innings

September 22 2016, 5:28 PM 

Root 66

(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Notts second innings

September 23 2016, 8:14 AM 

I know it was a turning track and they are relegated and they were chasing over 500 but some of the Notts dismissals I saw on sky last night suggest one or more of utter incompetence, lack of professionalism or care or something more sinister.

Two run outs, a stumping when Ball just walked past the ball and an obvious lack of any desire to dig in and fight and show pride - God knows what a Notts fans forum would have said if they have one.

One obvious exception - but then he's born and bred in Yorkshire....

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk