<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

PLEASE READ | Respect and forum tone

September 20 2016 at 5:15 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

There have been a lot of "you are wrong, I am right, I am better than you, you are talking rubbish", type postings recently. Can we all respect other posters points of views please, and keep things civil. We all have different opinions, but that is what they are - opinions. We all support the same team, we can do without personal abuse to fellow posters, supporters and especially the players.

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Sep 20, 2016 11:35 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Respect

September 20 2016, 5:57 PM 

Hear hear.

Too long overdue and my only criticism is that more has not been done before now to clamp down on this. In today's thread of the match someone seems to simply wAnt to go back and find predictions or opinions and then publicise they are now wrong.

Who cares? We can all speculate and have different views. If we all thought the same then why bother posting.

(Login Harrogate50)

Re: Respect

September 20 2016, 6:58 PM 

Totally agree with this.

The forum had been going into the realms of a football one.....and I'm a football fan!

I come here to get some decent opinion and honest debate, which it is. Most of the time

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Forum tone

September 20 2016, 11:23 PM 

Hello everyone:

As to "not enough being done," we only take action when our forum guidelines are breached, or when we receive complaints. To that extent we did suspend two abusers in the past month, and I have had "chats" with several others via email. We have also flagged several IP addresses,which means they cannot be used by the posters in question to post on this forum,and removed a number of inappropriate posts.

That said, there has been a tendency over the past few months for some of us to truck no criticism of the team or its management. In that regard, please appreciate that we are NOT a Yorkshire "fan forum," we are a discussion forum, where all respectful Yorkshire and England-related opinions are welcome and appreciated.

I must say I am still very impressed with the overall quality and intelligence of the posts, match reports and photographs; and most days they are an absolute pleasure to read or view.

On a more positive note, today (Tuesday) was the busiest day in the history of the forum - now dating back 17 years. Furthermore, we have made a remarkable comeback after being "left for dead" by the club three years ago when we were dropped as the club's official forum without due notice, without a membership list, and without as much as a re-direct link on the official site.

Thanks, everyone!!!

Alex and the Mods

We can always be reached at whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk

""

California Scarborian
(Login CaliforniaScarborian)

Forum Tone

September 21 2016, 6:14 AM 

Having supported Yorkshire since the 1945 Scarborough Festival, and followed -- and in the old days frequently contributed to -- the Forum since almost its beginning, I'd just like to thank Alex and the Mods for all the efforts that have made and kept the WRF such a success. Bravo, guys!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk