Re: County side

September 20 2016, 7:31 PM 

only 1 player out of 11?

thats a tad disappinting

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 20 2016, 9:59 PM 

i know we complain about the number of players ecb take from us, but 50 players have been selected for various lions and performance squads and only one yorkshireman. Harry Brook.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 21 2016, 6:54 AM 

That's because six of ours are in the full squad this winter.

Surprised no Fisher though

(Login Royalnavy)

September 21 2016, 8:23 AM 

for a team challenging for the top spot and who did pretty well in the one day game too its amazing how little stand out individual players weve had. I really think we've been a team unit this year.

when we've needed wickets or runs someone has usually stuck his hand up and done the business. its actually great to see.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 21 2016, 8:40 AM 

As soon as get a stand out player, Strauss and Bayliss whisk them away and then don't let us have them back!

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

County side

September 21 2016, 9:51 AM 

I was also surprised initially by the omission of Matthew Fisher.He has, however, spent three quarters of the season injured.
Yorkshire may well judge that they are better placed to oversee his continuing rehabilitation than England. I would agree with that.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 21 2016, 6:40 PM 

I think Fisher is probably between two stools here, too old for the U19s but too young/unproven for the Lions. He could have gone on the fast bowling camp but would that actually have been useful? After almost a whole season out of the game what I suspect he needs is game time. Agree with the comment in various posts over the last few days that the lack of Yorkshire players in these squads, especially those for the younger age group players, is a worrying sign.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 25 2016, 1:31 PM 

Brooks not in the Cricinfo county side, so no Yorkshire players.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2016/content/story/1058555.html

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

September 25 2016, 1:49 PM 

I would have found room for Bresnan.

Pleasing to see some serious young talent.

Me4791
(Login Me4791)

Fisher

September 25 2016, 4:12 PM 

Fisher is not too old for the under 19s and will still be eligible for them next season as well. He only played for them when he was 15/16 then that was it. Someone mentioned that they tend to just use players for one World Cup cycle and then move on.Last appeared at 2014 World Cup butwaa eligible for the next four summers up to 2017.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Fisher

September 29 2016, 7:20 AM 

Slightly better representation in the PCA team at their dinner last night.

Voted by the players and four from Yorkshire selected- well two plus two who make guest appearances when Strauss allows .

No doubts over Bresnan and the quality at a higher level justifies Root and Bairstow but perhaps a tad surprising to see Lyth in too. Brooks must have been unlucky when he was voted best seamer on the county championship twitter site

This message has been edited by ThirdUmpire on Sep 29, 2016 1:55 PM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk