<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login Fozzie1973)

Re: TE: Middlesex v Yorkshire

September 21 2016, 2:58 PM 

Got to hope Leaning comes good next season still hope with him, we definitely need two new batsman for next season though

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 21 2016, 2:59 PM 

yeah, regrettably i have to third that sad.gif

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 21 2016, 3:00 PM 

On a lighter note, seems to be a good crowd in again. I guess Middleex fans, having not seen a title since the early 90s, have come out in force.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 21 2016, 3:02 PM 

Sky commentators enjoying Finn's bowling. Irony-free zone, the Sky commentary box.

Hodd dropped.

Finn's action seems a little close to 'chucking', is it not.

This message has been edited by EastCoastType on Sep 21, 2016 3:06 PM

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 21 2016, 3:07 PM 

Notts in deep doo-doo. Unlikely to avoid follow-on.

(Login GaryFulford)

Gary Watton

September 21 2016, 3:08 PM 

Brilliant captain's innings from Galey yet again. However, let's cling on to him - for the sake of continuity, or because YCCC is too cowardly to ring the changes. Doing nothing is always the easy way out for the timid. No silverware will be forthcoming unless substantial changes are made. We look on course for a third position in the CC. I can only hope that our tailend bails us out for the umpteenth time.

(Login TykeTim)

Re: Gary Watton

September 21 2016, 3:16 PM 

We can't even replace the missing batsmen let alone start dropping ones available, clown.

(Login GaryFulford)

TYKE TIM

September 21 2016, 3:28 PM 

Thank you for those kind words, Timothy. You flatter me, xo.

"PLEASE READ | Respect and forum tone sticky"

There are other threads on the forum. The one above seems very pertinent to some.
Calling someone a clown isn't respectful in the least.

This message has been edited by GaryFulford on Sep 21, 2016 3:56 PM

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

Re: TYKE TIM

September 21 2016, 3:35 PM 

"PLEASE READ | Respect and forum tone sticky"

There are other threads on the forum. The one above seems very pertinent to some.

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 21 2016, 3:36 PM 

Good fightback by Hodd and Bres this its not over till the fat ECB pair are singing

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 21 2016, 3:37 PM 

A tiny crumb of hope: we have saved the follow-on.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 21 2016, 3:42 PM 

problem is we still need 350 to stand a chance of winning the title, unless of course somerset do not win, but thats looking more and more unlikely.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 21 2016, 3:43 PM 

Where are these new batting signings coming from? We can probably sign Lehmann for the bulk of the season and a second overseas for the t20, but then what? We were after Borthwick but he turned us down. Duckett is not interested in leaving Northants. Leaning will be persevered with and so will Ballance. I personally don't think we can afford to lose both Gillespie and Gale at the same time so for me, Gale continues for now.

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 21 2016, 3:45 PM 

The title is probably gone but at least we are putting up some fight with this partnership, when 3 of the top 4 are out for ducks a tough task became pretty much mission impossible

(Login HalfTracker)

September 21 2016, 3:46 PM 

Cally said on the wireless that we were also after Jennings at Durham

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 21 2016, 3:54 PM 

Strange how Hodd always bats a lot better up the order. 6 or 7 he looks good at 8 or lower he looks poor. maybe next season bat him in the middle order somewhere?

(Login Harrogate50)

September 21 2016, 3:59 PM 

Gale is a decent and honourable bloke, I have a feeling he may retire at the end of the season

Young Clogger
(Login YoungClogger)

September 21 2016, 4:01 PM 

This match is far from over. Somerset will almost certainly win now, so Middlesex will need to win to claim the Championship. Therefore a last-day run chase may be on the cards.

If we can't win the title then I hope Somerset do, after the ridiculous rigging of the Middlesex and Yorkshire XIs that has taken place.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 21 2016, 4:06 PM 

Or even higher Stu, he could not do worse than our numbers 2,3 or 4. We are deparetely in need of a quality overseas batsman, ideally number 3 like Williamson, but they need to be contracted to play for the entire season. Certainly, Hodd has battled better in the last few CC matches but I still think Bairstow is superior keeper. Keep the faith - and fingers crossed 😀

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 21 2016, 4:09 PM 

Somerset have not enforced the follow-on but have seven bonus points and are clearly planning to set Notts a massive total over 4+ sessions.

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 79 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk