<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

Re: original post. we need a batsman

December 23 2016, 10:49 PM 

My assertion that Rash won't be available to us next season is based on the fact that he has been an ever-present in England's One Day team. Next season, the First Test is not until July, by which time we will have played 9 of our 14 Championship matches.

Rash may be available to us during the Tests, but the poor showing of Moeen in India casts a doubt on this too, but this will be irrelevant as far as Championship cricket is concerned. We would have him for the T20, I suppose, but there are only 3 Championship games during the whole period of the 7 Tests.

At the end of the season, as the Championship approaches its climax, England and Windies are competing in a series of T20 and ODIs. We might see Adil early season - otherwise, forget it.

I'm not much of one for arguing stats (except when they support my case!), but Rafiq's 3 wickets from 6 matches at an average of 90+ in 2016 are a pretty good indications of how he bowled. It would be great if he could turn it round, but I'm a lot more confident of Leaning and Rhodes having good seasons with the bat. Actually, I'm more confident of RAFIQ having a good season with the bat, rather than with the ball.

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

December 24 2016, 9:05 AM 

That's a very fair summary by Dave based on Rashid's availability.

That said I consider our pace attack more essential especially in the County Championship. I was always a bit miffed when we had Williamson that he wasn't bowled more as he's tidy. Hopefully if we get him that's something we can do.

I listened to a news report with Rafiq. He seems like a man whose ready. I am more than happy to give him a good run. He May never be a Leach, but Headingley may not be as soon friendly as Taunton last year.

I would be happy with a container who can bat and field as our seamers do the business most of the summer.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

December 24 2016, 9:24 AM 

Rashid Khan suggestion is superb.

Stephen Parry on the other hand..

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk