<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Gale has a go at the ECB and Yorkshire's batting

September 25 2016 at 1:23 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

"AN emotional Andrew Gale criticised Yorkshire’s batting and the ECB’s decision to block Jonny Bairstow representing the county following yesterday’s dramatic final day at Lord’s." - YP

Gale's comments

"\"\""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login sooty-yorkie1)

Re: Gale has a go at the ECB and Yorkshire's batting

September 25 2016, 7:59 AM 

More interesting for what he didn't say rather than what he did say, which was nothing out of the ordinary. He didn't mention AR at all and dodged the question when asked about him.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 25 2016, 10:58 AM 

I will never forgive the ecb for preventing jonny to play.

It seems crazy that he was not allowed to play when he had only played 5 days in 5 weeks and had another 2 or 3 weeks off before a 2 bit tour of bangladesh, yet murtagh was given permission by the irish equivalent, even though immediately after the game, like 3 hours later he was boarding a plane to south africa where, you can see him playing this morning on the other side of the world.

(Login dpressed)

September 25 2016, 11:33 AM 

Str**s was on BC 5 Live yesterday morning & was talking about the November tour of India for the reason Jonny wasn't able to play.

After further thought I now propose that England won us the 2015 trophy (by not picking Bairstow when he was winning us matches) & lost us this one by picking Ballance after his ton at Scarborough. As people said at the time it was a fighting innings from Gary, who was on his way back towards regaining his form. If England had left Ballance with us he'd probably have been fine by early August helping us win matches we drew. As it was England picked him, he did OK but was completely fried by the time he returned. I saw the last 80 minutes of Friday's match (in a pub) & his timing was completely out.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 25 2016, 12:05 PM 

As was mentioned on the 'Match Day 4' thread,to walk into Lords and see Jonny filming a promotional video for the ECB was like rubbing salt into the wound.

I suppose it was a convenient time for Jonny to do the filming as he was there to support the team but it was ironic, galling and annoying.

That said, Jonny's elevation to England full time was the main reason we failed to make it 3.We all know how often he came to the rescue in 2015 and that was always going to be very difficult to replace, but did anyone envisage that none of the rest would come to the fore to mitigate against the loss?.

As JG says, picking Ballance as he was coming into some sort of form just compounded the problem and, for me, twice now, he has returned from England duties a poorer player than he went.

I suggested on another thread that some form of allowance should be made when a team has 2 or 3 , or more players recruited by Engand eg a relaxation of overseas rules numbers but, whilst we have to congratulate Middx, does anyone really believe we wouldn't have won again had we had JB throughout the season?

No conspiracy, even though the deciding match decision stinks,and ,the more they try to explain it, the deeper they dig their hole, but, surely a way has to be found to level the playing field when you provide 35% of the England teams regularly.

Iansb
(Login Iansb)

September 25 2016, 6:14 PM 

Can't understand the non resting of Finn. How about an absolutely ridiculous suggestion, if ECB say you can't play someone in CC, give the team a bonus point. Otherwise what is the point of trying to develop players for Test Cricket?

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 25 2016, 6:48 PM 

This message has been edited by EastCoastType on Sep 25, 2016 6:52 PM

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 25 2016, 6:56 PM 

Personally I will never forgive the ECB even if by some small chance they didn't intend to favour Middlesex the reasons given do not stack up. If it had to be done at the very least the decision makers should not have been connected to any clubs involved this for the integrity of the competition. My view is that it should have been have been an eye for an eye re Finn Bairstow both out maybe , but most people believe we have been stitched up seemingly in the favour of the club who play at Lords and people will now always assume this be it true or not.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk