<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

2017 Fixtures

September 27 2016 at 5:57 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

On July the 1st, the ECB published the following.

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/articles/england-2017-fixtures-announced.

The dates of all the Internationals were confirmed, the Final Dates of the two white-ball competitions were also confirmed. Both white ball competitions will be played in blocks (50 over in May, 20 over in July/August), with the same teams as this year. Also with an even number of teams in both divisions, there will be no blank weeks for anyone and all teams can play every week in the CC. So in affect, 90% of the fixtures could have been completed well over 2 months ago.

I am probably being niave here, but I can see no reason why the fixtures for next season can not be out within two weeks, as they only have about 10% of them left to do!!

I suppose a hold-up now could be if Durham get points docked (as in a seperate thread), and end up getting relegated instead of Hampshire.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

Re: 2017 Fixtures

September 27 2016, 6:01 PM 

Maybe the County Cricket fixtures are released when they are is because Leeds Rhinos play next door to Yorkshire and the Super League fixtures are not released until around November time?

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 27 2016, 6:09 PM 

I think it'll be a while yet, lots of counties will want to too and fro yet to get the fixtures at the time and date they want. Plus 'local' issues as listed above, maybe waiting for concert dates and the such like to be confirmed.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 27 2016, 6:10 PM 

What comes first the chicken or the egg? If the cricket fixtures came out first, the RL could adjust theirs accordingly.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 27 2016, 6:11 PM 

Probably waiting for both sports to start looking at fixtures.

When are they historically published?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 27 2016, 6:14 PM 

Normally at the earliest end of November, sometimes early December.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 27 2016, 6:25 PM 

About two months then, not that long to wait in the grand scheme of things.

(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 28 2016, 4:33 PM 

Some of the fixtures. None for us yet (apart from a 1 dayer in May v SA "a"), but already a really crowded list, with almost season long Internationals, two touring teams plus SA "a", the Champions Trophy and 10 days of "Lions" matches.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/1059524.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/1031373.html

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5190/tour-matches-confirmed-for-2017

Apart from a 2/3 week slot in May when the 50 over comp takes place, we can forget about our England players for all of the season next year.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 28, 2016 5:54 PM

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

ecb

September 28 2016, 6:42 PM 

but that is what the ECB is about playing as many games as they can charge as much as they possibly can and use any ground they want to , pay the players mega bucks so they don't want to go play for a county , all the county grounds want to get together and call the tunes and we are being forced into building a new stand that we will never fill while playing county cricket 20-20 or 50 over the only time it may be filled is when England play Australia .

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: ecb

October 17 2016, 11:50 AM 

No doubt, Kent or Hampshire in Division One or Two will cause a further delay to the fixture list publication date. Not sure when the Kent appeal will be heard but it could be weeks away. I do think they have a very good case.

Probably just before Christmas now!!!!

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 23 2016, 1:00 PM 

The RL superleague ended two weeks ago but next year's fixtures will be released today.
Time for the ECB to get its finger out.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 23 2016, 2:04 PM 

Can you tell me who each Super League team will be playing in the last 7 weeks of the season?

marsker
(Login marskeman)

October 23 2016, 2:26 PM 

The round of day/night championship matches is likely to be on June 26.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 23 2016, 3:27 PM 

....so almost two months before the day/night test and in completely different conditions. I thought the idea was to give the England players some practice just before the Edgbaston day/night test. Will it be dark enough then, or cold and dewy enough to have similar conditions to August?

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Oct 23, 2016 3:30 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 23 2016, 6:02 PM 

EYT said

"Can you tell me who each Super League team will be playing in the last 7 weeks of the season?"

What has that got to do with anything? The last 7 weeks of the Super League is an entirely different competition depending on the finishing positions after the first 23 weeks and these can not be done any earlier.
No relevance at all to the fact the Super league get their fixtures out within two weeks and the ECB usually take 8 to 10 weeks when they can could have had 90% of them completed months ago.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Oct 23, 2016 6:12 PM

(Login dpressed)

October 23 2016, 6:44 PM 

There is a big difference between Super League & cricket. If you are working you need to book time off to watch 4 day matches & additionally book B&bs in Scarborough. If the fixtures don't come out until January it's extremely difficult to get time off as other team members will already have those days booked.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 24 2016, 9:57 AM 

Guest (Login dpressed)
Posted Oct 23, 2016 6:44 PM

There is a big difference between Super League & cricket. If you are working you need to book time off to watch 4 day matches & additionally book B&bs in Scarborough. If the fixtures don't come out until January it's extremely difficult to get time off as other team members will already have those days booked.

For those of us who like to go to Perpignan to watch our team play against the Dragons, it's essential to get the fixtures out asap so that flights on the cut-price airlines & accommodation can be booked at the best possible price.
So very similar to those of you wanting to book time-off & accommodation for the Scarborough CC games.
My main point though is the speed with which they can be produced compared to the cricket fixtures.

(Login matthefish2002)

October 28 2016, 9:44 AM 

According to the Times this morning the majority of County Championship games in 2017 will be starting on Fridays.
As someone who has a job with normal office hours this is good news.

Cricket Yorkshire
(Login cricketyorkshire)

County Fixtures 2017

October 28 2016, 9:57 AM 

It's always a bugbear that they aren't released sooner and I appreciate the restlessness and desire to plan, I'm no different.
But I have some sympathy for this complicated process having interviewed those at the ECB and Lancaster University who compile them.
Believe it takes a month to do. Here's the article, if anyone wants a read: http://cricketyorkshire.com/2974618/

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: County Fixtures 2017

October 28 2016, 11:53 AM 

Fully understand the complications of compiling the fixture list but....

The dates of all the Internationals were confirmed months ago, the Final Dates of the two white-ball competitions were also confirmed months ago. Both white ball competitions will be played in blocks (50 over in May, 20 over in July/August), with the same teams as this year. Also with an even number of teams in both divisions, there will be no blank weeks for anyone and all teams can play every week in the CC. So in affect, 90% of the fixtures could have been completed 2 or 3 months ago. Would have just needed 10% left, with an either/or option to complete them.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Oct 28, 2016 8:13 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk