<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

Re: County Fixtures 2017

October 31 2016, 7:14 PM 

Clubs will receive a draft version of the domestic fixtures in Mid-November before they are released at the end of the month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37769939

It's all good and well saying 90% of fixtures could be compiled months ago, it's the 10% of unknown which can easily throw the schedule out of kilter. One change to a fixture means other matches affected and they too need modifying. For example Hampshire's Division 1 status was not confirmed until early October and they have two internationals in May and June, therefore the Rose Bowl will be unavailable for a period of time.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 31 2016, 8:32 PM 

Why would they start to compile the fixtures before all the variables have been settled? That would be an inefficient exercise in any industry. Late November seems very reasonable for a season which starts in April.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 1 2016, 3:29 PM 

Why would they not want to start compiling the fixtures if they 90% of the variables they needed and had the chance.
If I was working to a tight time-scale on a project and had the opportunity to get 90% of it done in advance, I would have jumped at the chance, as would most of us.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

November 1 2016, 4:20 PM 

To be fair Stu, your 90% is subjective guesswork. I personally would be wary of ploughing ahead with a project knowing there's a good chance I'll have to start over. Arguably we still don't know for certain what the make up of the two divisions is, given possible legal action by Kent. I'm also flummoxed by the holiday argument - there's no way I could get holiday for next July/August authorised until January at the earliest; some of you have very understanding bosses!

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

November 1 2016, 4:34 PM 

As has been pointed out, this 90% figure is without foundation and is just a total stab in the dark. It is also the case that the variables of the made up 10% figure could have an impact on the made up figure of 90% of fixtures which are supposedly set in stone.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk