<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

Re: England in Bangladesh

October 8 2016, 2:54 PM 

With an ageing attack there's a case for a rotational approach. Plunkett is a real handful on anything fast and/or bouncy.

(Login Jacobus24)

October 8 2016, 4:31 PM 

Phil, if you are looking to find Rashid supporters then i doubt you'll find many in Yorkshire now.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

October 8 2016, 4:48 PM 

Why on earth not.

(Login Jacobus24)

October 8 2016, 5:26 PM 

Lack of respect for the club and being more motivated by a more substantial contract by England.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

October 9 2016, 9:11 AM 

In County terms do we really have an aging attack,Sidebottom aside? I reckon most of ou4s have at least 4 years left inn them, especially if the likes of Brooks and eventually Patto get used only in the Championship.

Fair challenge on Plunkett. He is obviously a guaranteed limited over starter.

I don't see him as first choice in the Championship but if Bresnan focused more on batting then he comes in.

He also offers something different with his pace and power. Against Middlesex I missed him not being there.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

October 9 2016, 1:59 PM 

Well Lew, all the regular seam attack, bar Wiley, is comfortably over thirty.

This ought not to be a problem so long as enough of them stay fit and so long as they are kept alert and keen by a younger generation capable of making a serious challenge for their positions in the side.

Injury was a substantial problem in the first part of the season when Sidebottom, Brooks and Bresnan all had periods of absence. We'll never know to what extent that affected our Championship challenge, though my suspicion is that among the plethora of early draws, at least one game might have been won.
It might be expected that similar periods of injury could occur in 2017.

Sadly, the younger seamers are still a way off being ready to match the achievements of their seniors. Even Willey isn't yet fully ready to take on the mantle of Sidebottom as a four day bowler. Fisher remains immensely promising but hasn't bowled in the first team for over a year. Waite has showed glimpses of potential, but not yet in the Championship. Rhodes appears to have stalled, only temporarily, I hope. Beyond these three, the young seamers don't appear to have made the developments we might have hoped for.

I feel sure the coaching staff will be looking with concern and increasing anxiety at the seam bowling reserves.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

October 9 2016, 2:53 PM 

Comfortably over 30? Plunkett 31. Bresnan 31. Brooks 32. Patterson. 33. All in their prime. Probably ok for the next 3 seasons.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

October 9 2016, 3:13 PM 

I respect your point Tyke.

In this age the quality seamers can last beyond 36 onwards.

Bresnan and Brooks prior to joining us along with Plunkett have all been injury prone.

Agree with part of your assessment. I honestly have few worries about the bowling. My concern is we need a number 3 and a keeper.

(Login Jacobus24)

October 9 2016, 3:53 PM 

Signing Sam Billings would be a positive move to replace Hodd.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

October 9 2016, 4:24 PM 

Is Billings wanting to leave Kent? Would still need Hodd as Billings is generally in the ODI squads even if he doesn't play

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 9 2016, 5:55 PM 

Billings is probably as reluctant to leave Kent as Duckett is to leave Northants. I really don't think we have a massive cheque book to wave around, Manchester City style, even if there was a chance of getting them.

(Login Jacobus24)

October 9 2016, 7:18 PM 

If we don't enquire then we won't find out, maybe our overseas signing could be a batsman who can keep wicket.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

October 9 2016, 10:14 PM 

interestingly jason gillespie said andrew hodd was the best signing of his time at yorkshire.

(Login Jacobus24)

October 9 2016, 11:27 PM 

There's no point in moaning about what the ECB does when we don't put our own house in order.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

October 10 2016, 10:25 AM 

Surely our house wpould be in excellent order if the ECB did not call up so many of our players so often.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Real or imaginary conflict

October 11 2016, 7:15 PM 

Watching the flare up involving Buttler and his send off by some of the Bangladesh team in the 2nd ODI I must admit I wasn't sure if it was real or just a way of spicing things up to make the series more interesting, and therefore more lucrative for the broadcasters.

Just a thought, we have the coloured clothing, music etc we might as well import the players histrionics from WWE to give us the full package.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

andrew hodd

October 11 2016, 7:35 PM 

there is one thing that jason gillespie got right andrew hodd is a far better wicket keeper than bairstow the only thing that gets bairstow in the test team is his runs and not is keeping , but the big problem is when bairstow comes back who moves aside andrew hodd .

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Re: Real or imaginary conflict

October 11 2016, 8:17 PM 

The flare up was faked to suit broadcasters? That's the best conspiracy theory yet.

This message board is beyond parody sometimes.

Phil
(Login PhiltheYorkshirefan)

October 12 2016, 12:29 PM 

Another 4 wickets for Adil Rashid which makes it 10 in 3 games.

Nice to see he's fresh and taking wickets. And more cream pies for the haters hating on Mr Adil Rashid.

Them red faces must be pretty bright under that cream covered faces

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

October 12 2016, 12:39 PM 

So he would not have taken 10 wickets in 3 games had he played in our last match , coincidently a rather important one ? He would have been too tired ? Really ?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk