<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
(Login Jacobus24)

Re: Real or imaginary conflict

October 12 2016, 12:53 PM 

Phil doesn't sound like a Yorkshire or England fan in my view, the tone of his posts give me that impression.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

adil rashid

October 12 2016, 1:11 PM 

don't think many yorkshire fans will miss him next season the fact is he takes wickets in white ball cricket when players are swinging the bat but cant take wickets in the top order of county cricket, come on carver .

marsker
(Login marskeman)

Re: adil rashid

October 12 2016, 1:35 PM 

He is still 3rd top wicket taker in our first class team. 32 wickets in 10 games. And the valuable knack of bowling out the tail. Still a very valuable player.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

October 12 2016, 1:36 PM 

This message has been edited by marskeman on Oct 12, 2016 1:38 PM

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

October 12 2016, 1:58 PM 

Agree with that . But the fact is he chose to opted out of playing in what most fans would consider was our most important game of the season and perhaps most important of the past few seasons .

The reasons given frankly did not add up and this has left many people , myself included , feeling very let down by his apparent lack of commitment to the side , its fans , and other members of the team .

This message has been edited by garywilson2 on Oct 12, 2016 1:58 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 12 2016, 2:04 PM 

We have two doubts for next season. Andrew Gale is still deciding on his future, as he himself has indicated and Adil Rashid seems more committed to England than Yorkshire and there are a lot of 1 day matches for England next season. It could be with Adil, that he will be either away with England or resting himself for future matches with England.

We COULD, if Gary is away with England as well, be looking for a new number 3, 4, 5 & 6 on this years team.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 12 2016, 2:16 PM 

Interesting that you're commenting here how you feel let down by Rashid for asking to be rested for a game yet, on another thread running at the same time you're advocating the return of Kane Williamson, who also requested to be rested from a game last season, with no mention you don't feel let down by him?

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

October 12 2016, 2:22 PM 

Change it around . Don't you feel at all let down by what he did ?

It was not "a game" it was the Championship decider . The last game of the season . The chance to help his team win a hat-trick of titles .

(Login matthefish2002)

October 12 2016, 2:46 PM 

I am not sure how I feel when I next see Adil Rashid play for Yorkshire.
Would still want him to play well, still playing for Yorkshire after all.
Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall and see how the other players treat him now.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

October 12 2016, 2:57 PM 

I think that will be the crux of the matter Matt, how he is received back in the dressing room. I imagine he has a lot of bridges to build and am not sure if he has the personality or approach to tackle that head on, based on how fragile we are told he can be when not trusted by his peers.

The air needs clearing with this one. it seems there is more to the story than was dribbled out at the time.If it was just poor PR management then admit it and move forward to a solution rather than let rumour and supposition rule the agenda.

Whatever it was let's have it cleared up.It would be a shame to lose Rashid because of poor PR but, if it was as we were told then he has to deal with the situation or face being ostracised by his peers.

Phil
(Login PhiltheYorkshirefan)

October 12 2016, 3:24 PM 

I'm from Yorkshire and want YCCC to do well but i'll not be slagging a player off. He doesn't need to explain himself for me. It was a private matter to Adil. He felt he needed to be with familey with him traveling in the winter. He doesn't need to tell anyone nothing. The way some go out attacking the England players on here's shockingly bad.

Joe Root got it too either on here or other social media's. You don't care about Yorkshire.

Yes he does. He doesn't need to be cheerleading in the press and twitter to show this.

Adil and Joe along with any other player does whats best for themselves. Jonny Bairstow was okay with missing games all summer until the last week of the season. People don't give him the grief not that they should by the way. You could though say are you only in it for the glory Jonny?

This message has been edited by PhiltheYorkshirefan on Oct 12, 2016 3:24 PM

(Login Jacobus24)

October 12 2016, 4:06 PM 

What goes on within the club is far more important than what gets posted on here. We comment on what has happened, we haven't created any of this. You've used Rashid's performances for England to bait people on here because you don't like what you read, nobody is bigger than the club and his behaviour is open for everyone to scrutinise.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 12 2016, 4:06 PM 

Speaking of Jonny, this has been a pretty ordinary series for him; poor timing when Duckett and Billings have both impressed. Bairstow seems to be no nearer to nailing down a one day place.

October 12 2016, 4:12 PM 

No. I was disappointed he didn't play the game from a cricketing point of view, given he's in our best XI. However, I don't know the full facts so I can't say I'm let down by him.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

ENGLAND PLAYERS

October 12 2016, 4:16 PM 

all of the England players are the same once they get their foot underneath the table only one thing matters playing for England , what happens when they loose form they send them back no matter how they are playing they don't send them back to play in the second team , I can remember Yorkshire playing at chesterfield when Tim Bresnan had just lost is place in the England side every time he was fielding at the boundary he would ask how England were doing , one problem Yorkshire has is that Rashid as two more years on is contract it will be very interesting if Andrew gale is captain next year no love lost there? root isn't bothered about Yorkshire or Bairstow .

(Login Fozzie1973)

Re: ENGLAND PLAYERS

October 12 2016, 4:35 PM 

How do you know Root & Bairstow are not bothered about Yorkshire, strange statement to make with no facts to back it up

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 12 2016, 4:38 PM 

It's not a case of "not being bothered" with Yorkshire once they get picked for England, it's just that their international careers take priority. Anything else would be utterly perverse, sport is a meritocracy after all and no amount of parochial bitterness will alter that fact.

October 12 2016, 4:49 PM 

"all of the England players are the same once they get their foot underneath the table only one thing matters playing for England"

It's come as a complete shock to me Ryan Sidebottom doesn't care about playing for Yorkshire.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 12 2016, 5:01 PM 

Tim Bresnan doesn't either, he once asked someone in the crowd for the England score.

October 12 2016, 5:04 PM 

Adam Lyth, nah, forget it, only bothered about England.

Although, in fairness, Alex Lees has only made it as far as England Lions so he's at least half bothered about Yorkshire still.

The biggest fraud was Darren Lehmann though, once he played for Australia that was it, never cared about Yorkshire and still doesn't to this day!!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk