<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: ENGLAND PLAYERS

October 12 2016, 5:19 PM 

Of course our players who are in the England set up are interested in the fortunes of England. It would be remarkable and worrying if this wasnt the case. The more regular they become, the more distant they may appear from the Yorks set up. This doesnt mean that they dont care about Yorkshire. Seem to recall Colvile expressing surprise when Bresnan said that he was very happy playing for Yorkshire and that this is what motivates him (now) or words to that effect. Anyone who witnessed the Middlesex game could see how much playing for Yorkshire mattered to him.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 12 2016, 5:38 PM 

Well played England, not easy to win a series in Bangladesh.
I'm delighted that Rashid has taken a few wickets but Willey & especially Bairstow have been a bit of a let down.
I'd open with Duckett & Roy, Vince at 3, Billings 4, Stokes 5 Buttler 6, Ali 7, Woakes 8, Rashid 9 Jordan (?) 10, unless it swings then it's Willey, Ball 11.
No place for JB.
Roy has to open but Duckett, Billings or Vince can bat in any of positions 2-4.
If Hales gets back & delivers then Vince is the one to drop out.
Morgan to replace one of Billings or Duckett I guess.
Re Rashid, as I stated above my initial comment was meant in jest but I was disappointed that he didn't play in the Middx game. I certainly don't hate him as has been ludicrously suggested.
His place is definitely guaranteed in my Yorks Xl unless Rafiq starts to take a hatful of wickets in his absence.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 12 2016, 5:59 PM 

Perhaps JB has had to much rest and not enough practice in the middle.

Rashid is also in my Yorks X1, which will not be very often looking at the 1 day matches England are playing next summer plus the rest periods, but judging on Andrew Gales comments re "wanting players who want to give 100% for Yorkshire in his team", he may not feel the same when it comes to selection.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 12 2016, 6:10 PM 

Hales comes straight back into this team, no question.

JG
(Login _JG_)

October 12 2016, 7:13 PM 

Yes, good win in a place where strong SA and India sides have lost series recently. Good to see some of the new faces- Ball, Duckett, Roy- perform well too. I agree with others that this puts Bairstow's place in the side at risk with Morgan (as captain) and Hales (who has 700 runs at 62 with 3 centuries in 2016) sure to return in India. Personally I don't think Bairstow is consistent enough in white ball cricket so I wouldn't pick him- which could mean we see a bit more of him than expected early season. I don't think Rashid has actually bowled that well this series but he continues to take wickets; he's a key part of the England white ball sides.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

ex england players

October 12 2016, 8:47 PM 

get real Ryan Sidebottom came back to Yorkshire for one reason only and that was to get onto the coaching staff when he has finished playing because all is family live in Yorkshire , he wouldn't get in many teams than Yorkshire for good money he is past is best by a long way , and don't say what about the wickets he takes he only plays part time .

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: ex england players

October 12 2016, 9:17 PM 

I won't mention the wickets Ryan takes. I'll just mention that he finished sixth in the first class averages.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

October 12 2016, 9:17 PM 

If he only plays 'part time' then his haul of wickets is even more remarkable.After his early season injury just look how much better we performed when he was fit to return.

If(big if) he only returned to get a coaching job he's given 5 years of sterling service since then whilst waiting for a coaching job, greatly helping Yorks win the CC twice and finish 3rd twice.Had he been fit all this season then we could well be celebrating the treble.

As for him not getting into many other teams that remark alone renders your diatribe valueless.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

October 12 2016, 11:08 PM 

Good grief. Just when you think you've seen it all on this forum!

JG
(Login _JG_)

October 12 2016, 11:22 PM 

Just the 262 first class wickets at 21 for Ryan since his return from Notts, he's clearly not trying hard enough. I think the above post is the single most stupid comment I have ever seen on here.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

October 13 2016, 6:49 AM 

Yes clearly a mistake on Ryan's part to return to Yorkshire and win two titles when he could have stayed at Notts and been relegated.

Still the best left arm seamer on the circuit by miles. Tilley Willey Mills etc would all benefit from his advice.

David in Morley
(Login DavidinMorley)

October 13 2016, 9:09 AM 

To be fair TU he did return to Yorkshire and get relegated!

(Login dpressed)

October 13 2016, 9:41 AM 

Yes we were relegated in 2011. But the 'problem' was multiple batting collapses not poor bowling

(Login Jacobus24)

October 13 2016, 9:47 AM 

Moxon played a key role in our relegation with his poor decision making.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

October 13 2016, 9:49 AM 

And what about his decision making in the five years since?

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 13 2016, 9:59 AM 

Martyn Moxon, there's another one. Not cared for Yorkshire since 1986!!!!

(Login Jacobus24)

October 13 2016, 10:23 AM 

Credit to Martyn for the acute signings since, we'll have to see how this winter goes because signings are needed again.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

October 13 2016, 6:18 PM 

If Ryan had been fit all season we'd have won the title.

(Discuss).

(Login dpressed)

October 13 2016, 6:42 PM 

Probably .... End if discussion lol

(Login Jacobus24)

October 13 2016, 7:00 PM 

The defeat against Somerset showed up our limitations.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk