<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
JG
(Login _JG_)

Re: ex england players

October 15 2016, 5:18 PM 

Back to England in Bangladesh, and Root (2), Ballance (27*) and Rashid (7-0-10-0) were all involved in the first red ball warm-up game today. Another half-century for Duckett; there is talk that instead of opening he could rival Ballance for the number 4 slot with England keen to give Hameed a chance.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 16 2016, 11:10 AM 

At least Duckett is in some sort of form & he'll certainly be more aggressive than Gary at the start of his innings.
I'd be happy to see him given a chance & for Hameed to open.

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

October 16 2016, 11:30 AM 

Agree we need to find room for Hameed and Duckett.

Weve tried plenty of middle of the range players who just haven't stepped up.

Duckett has seemed a massive talent since his U19 days. He seems very laid back and a talent. Stick him in at 4 or 5 and let him grow into a KP type to Roots innings building.

For the Sub I would go:

Cook Hameed Root Duckett Ali Stokes Bairstow wk Woakes Rashid Broad Anderson

Depending on Ali's performances as I am still a sceptic, this would be my team for our next home series:

Cook Hameed Gubbins Root Duckett Stokes Bairstow wk Woakes Rashid Broad Anderson

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 16 2016, 12:37 PM 

Anderson is injured.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 16 2016, 2:13 PM 

Ball for Anderson on this tour. I like your subcontinent team but personally would have Moeen at four and Duckett at five. As for the home series team, no Rashid for me.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 17 2016, 11:24 AM 

50s for both Duckett & Hameed, JB's woes continue & Root yet to find any sort of real form.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 17 2016, 11:54 AM 

The ones who were "rested" at the end of the season can not score any runs at the moment. The ones who played are the ones scoring the runs. Putting my cynical hat on -- shows the value of "resting" or otherwise.

October 19 2016, 9:42 AM 

Looking forward to the 1st test starting tomorrow. I think the big decision is if England go with Hameed or Ballance.

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

October 19 2016, 9:58 AM 

I suppose they should go with the man in the side at the moment, as they have picked him to tour. However nothing I saw of Gary last season made me feel he was anything like the player he was when he first got in the England side. I'd go with Hameed.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 19 2016, 11:33 AM 

Cook has all but confirmed that England will pay three spinners. I'm guessing at the following XI

Cook
Duckett
Root
Ballance
Moeen
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Rashid or Ansari
Batty
Broad

I suspect Moeen will move up the order in the subcontinent.

October 19 2016, 12:58 PM 

I think...

Cook
Hameed
Root
Duckett
Ali
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Batty

(Login matthefish2002)

October 20 2016, 9:25 AM 

Sounds like Moeen Ali is riding his luck.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 20 2016, 10:35 AM 

Guest (Login matthefish2002)
Posted Oct 20, 2016 9:25 AM

Sounds like Moeen Ali is riding his luck.

Not any more.

October 20 2016, 10:52 AM 

5 reviews, all of which went in his favour, sounds more like the umpire who's riding his luck.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 20 2016, 1:18 PM 

England will probably be satisfied with that; ball turning sharply on day one so the pitch will surely only deteriorate from here. Batting last will not be fun.

(Login dpressed)

October 20 2016, 2:57 PM 

According to TMS the one turned down decision against Moen that they didn't review would have been out, so he could be considered as being fortunate

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk