<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

yorkshire targets abroad

October 5 2016 at 8:43 PM
marsker  (Login marskeman)

a wonderful innings of 118 not out from david miller, he hit 6 sixes as south africa beat australia. aaron finch scored 53 and travis head 35 from 18 balls to set 371 but sa won by 4 wickets.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: yorkshire targets abroad

October 5 2016, 9:05 PM 

That was the second highest successful ODI run chase. The highest was also famously achieved by South Africa v Australia!

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 6 2016, 8:22 AM 

Was great to watch. Be great to see him playing at Headingley again, along with Starc, I mean who wouldn't want to watch a line up of

Finch
Root
Maxwell
Bairstow
Miller
Ballance
Bresnan
Rashid
Willey
Starc
Plunkett

in some form of competition!!

(Login edthefed)

October 6 2016, 8:47 AM 

Im not sure that Miller will ever play for us again....i was told by a senior person within YCCC that whilst ever he was in post Miller would return over his dead body !!

(Login Jacobus24)

October 6 2016, 11:28 AM 

Someone on this forum has mentioned Glenn Maxwell's general behaviour not going down too well with Martyn Moxon but he refused to elaborate on the matter. Miller was fantastic for us, who is this senior person?

(Login edthefed)

October 6 2016, 12:16 PM 

I am sure you will understand that i dont want to say who the senior figure was, as he is still at the club in the same capacity. I was told in a face to face conversation. Agree he did well for us, ahd perhaps time might prove to be a good healer.
Until we get a new head coach i fear it will be difficult to recruit anyone

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 6 2016, 2:14 PM 

I'm surprised to hear that about Miller. I don't recall any disciplinary issues while he was here - he seemed to be very popular with the other players. Maxwell on the other hand was dropped for disciplinary reasons.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

October 11 2016, 8:58 AM 

Pujara 101 not out.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 11 2016, 11:09 AM 

I for one wouldn't mind if Pujara returned but I think it highly unlikely.
I'd also be happy if young Jake came back.
However, any overseas signing is a risk since they can be whisked off at a moment's notice.

(Login Jacobus24)

October 11 2016, 12:49 PM 

Martyn Moxon has said we're looking to sign a domestic player to compensate having no potential overseas, wishful thinking in reality.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

oversea's players

October 11 2016, 1:18 PM 

there is no point trying to sign an oversea player unless they have come to the end of their career and take the risk like this year and they are called back home , very few players are available for a whole season and it will be even worse if the new city 20-20 goes ahead there will be players who only want to play 20-20 for the big bucks .

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

October 11 2016, 4:41 PM 

Getting quality overseas players this year has been difficult due to the large amount of international matches played during the summer. In Yorkshire's defence they hardly envisaged Travis Head becoming an Australian regular so soon.

Subject to availablity, identifying overseas targets for 2017 appears to be easier if the Future Tours Programme has anything to go by. Assuming Che Pujara doesn't get an IPL contract next year or make the ICC Champions Trophy squad, he will be a good overseas signing to start the season before India tour Sri Lanka in later July. After the Champions Trophy, New Zealand don't play any international cricket until late November so Kane Williamson is potentially available for the 2nd half (unless if he fancies an extended break). That is the 2017 County Championship campaign sorted there and then.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

October 11 2016, 5:04 PM 

That's a great summary Pyrah.

I wonder how Kanes involvement could work around our 50 over competition.

This message has been edited by Lewis_116 on Oct 11, 2016 5:05 PM

(Login WhiteroseDave)

October 11 2016, 6:16 PM 

I'd be very happy with that

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

October 11 2016, 7:04 PM 

I would certainly be happy to see Pujara back for the first half of the 2017 season. We have a few lads who can learn a lot from watching how he paces the longer format.

Not too sure about Williamson. He seems to have a very heavy workload as an international captain in all formats plus his IPL.

I think I'm right in saying he did ask to be rested from the last of the very few 4 day games he was contracted to play for Yorkshire. Move on in his case I think.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

October 11 2016, 7:27 PM 

As has been stated on this forum previously the problem with having an Indian player is that they are not allowed to play in domestic T20 tournaments outside India. We would still have to find someone else to play in the Natwest Blast.

Alex Lees said Williamson was absolutely knackered when he turned up this season. I think his new responsibilities with New Zealand are taking a toll on him. He always strikes me as being a bit physically fragile.

Someone like Jake Lehmann who is more likely to stay for the whole season is probably a better bet.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

October 12 2016, 9:02 AM 

We need a number 3 . Pujara and KW if available fit that . Lehmann impressed but he will not bat in the problem position of 3 . Ballance will end up there and it is not his best position .

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 12 2016, 10:56 AM 

It is also an advantage that Pujara is not allowed to play in any other T20 Tournaments outside India, as that means he is available more for us, if we sign him, and will not miss large chunks of the season. He usually never plays in the IPL either so it is likely he will be available early season, when several other players will not be.

Agree that Ballance, if we get him from England, is better at 5. He never looks comfortable at 3.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Oct 12, 2016 10:56 AM

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 14 2016, 1:25 PM 

Been thinking about this and I do wonder if there's any mileage in looking at Matt Renshaw and Sam Whiteman in Australia. Renshaw a top order batsman with Queensland, Whiteman a wicket keeper with W.A and getting them over here during our summer, their winter?
Both young lads, 20 and 24, although both have played a bit for Australia A so if they have tours which clash that may be an issue.
However, the advantage is they're both born in Britain, indeed Yorkshire, so should allow us to play them as non overseas?

This message has been edited by EastYorkshireTyke on Oct 14, 2016 1:27 PM

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

October 15 2016, 8:26 AM 

Fair suggestions but considering their class, possible availability and links with the County I would rather Pujara/Williamson.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk