<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

At last, it's out

October 8 2016 at 11:10 AM
Guest  (Login Idle_man)

Spotted the Tino Best autobiography, yes seriously, in Waterstones. Called 'Mind the Windows'. Then goes on to say how much he hates being associated with that sledge.

Bless him, a lovely half chapter on Yorkshire, really warm and positive, though if you weren't there at the time you might get the impression he played quite a major role. You can read it in 5 minutes in the shop, not suggesting anyone buys it or anything daft.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

Re: At last, it's out

October 8 2016, 12:00 PM 

You make it sound paneful for him and the book not all it's cracked up to be.That's shattered my illusions.

Steel-City
(Login Steel-City)

October 9 2016, 7:23 PM 

Saw it in Waterstones in Sheffield a few weeks back and read the Yorkshire bit, looks a decent read. Still brings a very cold shiver remembering him bowl at Scarborough in a one day game v Northants, May bank holiday 2010. It was brass monkeys that day, but fair play Tino bowled well.

(Login dpressed)

October 9 2016, 9:08 PM 

I remember the match (& the cold) but forgot that Best played in it.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

photogenic

October 13 2016, 6:38 PM 

Tino may not stride like a giant through the pages of Yorkshire history, but he was brilliant to photograph.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/forwarddefensive/albums/72157630094062186

JG
(Login _JG_)

Re: photogenic

October 13 2016, 7:43 PM 

That multi-shot one (no idea of the correct technical term) is very good, Dave.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

Re: photogenic

October 13 2016, 11:00 PM 

"Composite", possibly?

It took ages to do, and was "borrowed" without acknowledgement by an Australian site advertising cricket analysis and coaching. They very cleverly disguised it by presenting the mirror image, making Tino left-handed, and by adding a curve to depict the movement of the ball in the bowler's hand.

From what I remember, I chose one of the set as the base to which I added the others, then I used the fixed position of the stumps to position the bowler correctly in each case. The batsman, you will notice, does not move.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk