<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Day/Night Championship match

October 21 2016 at 9:06 AM

Dpressed  (Login dpressed)

According to West Yorkshire Sports News YCCC chief exec Mark Arthur has said that we are to have a home day/night Championship match in 2007.

It again shows that the county just bother about Leeds.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Re: Day/Night Championship match

October 21 2016, 9:16 AM 

2017!!

Exciting proposal. Looking forward to it.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

October 21 2016, 11:04 AM 

Not for me, it's chilly after 6pm any night of the season in the NE Upper.
Plus it b*ggers up my dinner arrangements.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

October 21 2016, 12:17 PM 

Possibly in June /July - otherwise, not for me.

(Login DJP2)

October 21 2016, 1:21 PM 

I read that there is to be a full round of the county championship to be played day/night as preparation for the Edgbaston test. This decision was made by the ECB not YCCC.

October 21 2016, 2:08 PM 

and Yorkshire have said they'd like to be one of the counties hosting a day/night fixture. Not sure what you're getting at there.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 21 2016, 5:13 PM 

Exactly, YCC volunteered to stage a match, they could have played it "away".

The day/night test is in August, so presumably the day/night County match will be the week before, so it will be during the warmer weather. Also, it will have to be at Headingley, so perhaps we will not be at Scarborough in August, unless we get two of our 7 home matches CC during that month.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

the end

October 21 2016, 5:38 PM 

I'm afraid if this goes ahead it will be the start of the end of county cricket no thought as been given to people who travel a long way to get to Leeds to watch Yorkshire , so if it finishes at 8.00pm what time will you get home? I live in wakefield so it's no problem to me its a none starter for me .

(Login matthefish2002)

Re: the end

October 21 2016, 6:30 PM 

I guess it will start at 2pm like the Day / Night test so will finish about 9.30pm.
Big no from me due to public transport problems.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

October 21 2016, 6:43 PM 

"The end of the world as we know it". It's one game for goodness sake. It might even work.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

October 21 2016, 6:50 PM 

I have watched all the highlights I can find of pink-ball cricket. I am colourblind and I cannot see the ball on the outfield. I also live over an hour away from Headingley. I dont think we have the consistent weather for this. So unfortunately I don't think I will be attending. Still, at least we've got plenty of other opportunities to watch championship cricket next year.

Papag
(Login Papag1)

October 21 2016, 7:11 PM 

Day by day we are watching our sport turn into showbiz

(Login WhiteroseDave)

October 21 2016, 7:25 PM 

Can't say I'm hugely for or against this. My overriding feeling is why? What is the aim of this? Is it to increase audiences at championship matches? If so I'm not convinced it will. Is it to prepare for a day/night test? If that is the case then again my question would be why have the day/night test? The only thing people seem to keep talking about is "it'll be different" so basically novelty value. Like I said, not against the idea but I feel like I'm missing out on the reason for this experiment.

October 21 2016, 7:46 PM 

This year's Edgbaston test v Pakistan had 33,000 free seats I've the first two days. That's the reason to try day/night tests.

(Login dpressed)

October 21 2016, 8:00 PM 

I also live an hour away, or rather an hour away if I leave from home to get to Headingley for a day game. To get to Headingley after work takes 2-3 hours depending on how bad things are on the M62. So getting to Headingley after work is a no no. Yes I could do a half day & see a full days play, BUT 9pm finish can be 9:30 (if there are delays) or later (if wickets fall). So I'd get home some time between 10 & 11 pm. Not exactly good for going to work next morning. And this is just for one day. To do 3 or 4 late nights would probably wipe me out.

In addition when do you hold such matches? In April, May & probably June it would probably result in hypothermia. In July it wouldn't get dark until after 9. Even in August it's still light until 8ish. September could be OK, but it could also be cold

So great if you live in Leeds/Bradford, but not good for other members. And remember we only have 7 home matches in 2017

(Login Fozzie1973)

October 21 2016, 8:36 PM 

Surely trying something different cannot be a bad thing, not going to please everyone you never will people do not like change, hopefully it's a success & we get some new fans in

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

October 21 2016, 8:53 PM 

There is one saving grace to this, apparently the game is to be used as a glorified net for the test players. Which means we might be able to see Root, Bairstow and our full strength team.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

October 22 2016, 12:51 AM 

Not convenient for everyone but for those of us who live locally and work it may allow us to see a bit more cricket. And may encourage those who only attend T20 games to attend other four day games over the weekend. Worth a try.

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

October 22 2016, 12:12 PM 

The ECB seem set on trying anything to attract new supporters, with no certainty of success while they continue to take Sky's money, but not giving a (insert own expletive) about the supporters who've followed the game for years and years. A scheduled 9.30pm finish (how many CC games finish at the appointed time) would mean I wouldn't get home until 11.15 at the earliest.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

ecb

October 22 2016, 12:53 PM 

well this is it the ECB are not bothered about people who watch county cricket they are only bothered about sky tv , and what is more concerning is that the ringleader for all the change is our own ex-chairman colin graves and everyone nose if we don't do as we are told the plug will be pulled on finances .

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk