November 14 2016, 12:07 PM 

It's official it is Gale.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Re: New coach

November 14 2016, 12:09 PM 

Gale is confirmed as Coach.
its an interesting appointment - i think i would have preferred a fresh pair of eyes from outside - but I've always liked and respected Andrew gale so he will have my full support.
Difficult to see who replaces him as captain on the field?
Could Alex Lees captain us in both forms of the game?

Papag
(Login Papag1)

November 14 2016, 12:11 PM 

No mention if hes giving up his time consuming Pro Coach Business, hope its not going to be a part time role. Good Luck Galey happy.gif

marsker
(Login marskeman)

November 14 2016, 12:18 PM 

And officially retired as a player. Another batsman required as well as a new captain.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

November 14 2016, 12:19 PM 

personally feel like sending back my season tickets

he does not have the acumen, coaching experience or the reputation to attract quality overseas players in addition to the alienation of Rashid

terrible money driven decision

the decline starts today

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

November 14 2016, 12:25 PM 

I didn't watch the entire press conference so did he apply for the role or did Moxon invite him to apply?
On the face of it it is hard for me to imagine that he was on paper the best candidate for the job but without knowing who else applied I'll never know.
I hope he wasn't appointed because he came cheap.
Gale's appointment poses many questions, who will replace him as captain, who will replace him in the team, who will be his assistants?
I hope Moxon has made the correct choice.
A few early season setbacks & the knives will out for both of them on here that's for sure.
A fascinating 2017 beckons.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

November 14 2016, 12:27 PM 

Good luck to him. Time alone will tell but it we wanted someone with a love passion and respect for Yorkshire cricket then we couldn't have done much better.

The Rashid question looms large.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

November 14 2016, 12:27 PM 

"menston yccc (Login menstonyccc)
Posted Nov 14, 2016 12:19 PM

personally feel like sending back my season tickets

he does not have the acumen, coaching experience or the reputation to attract quality overseas players in addition to the alienation of Rashid

terrible money driven decision

the decline starts today"

Bloomin' eck it didn't take long for the knives to come out.
Give the guy a chance for goodness' sake.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

andrew gale

November 14 2016, 12:28 PM 

what a negative view right at the beginning and as for season ticket you no what to do don't go to any games , you have to give the team all the support you can its a new start and Andrew love Yorkshire I'm sure he will give everything and more .

Eastriding
(Login eastriding)

Congratulations Andrew Gale

November 14 2016, 12:39 PM 

May not have become the star batsman we hoped but he has been a brilliant leader of the team.

Will need an experienced team behind him

I'll give him my support and I think he has every chance of being a successful coach if we give him time

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

Re: andrew gale

November 14 2016, 12:41 PM 

yes and no doubt I will be along - its a passion but you haven't answered any of the points about his acumen, coaching experience or ability to attract players

no doubt gale will use his contact book of mediocre county players to good effect as compared to gillespies contacts of world class players

I do not like this appointment at all - so much for the job being much sought after

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

Re: andrew gale

November 14 2016, 12:45 PM 

Well 16 other people applied for it. I wonder who they were?

DW
(Login Bergenopzoom)

November 14 2016, 12:46 PM 

I'm sure that we would be purring if were appointing a recently retired Australian State Captain who in his last 4 seasons had won 2 Sheffield Shields and finished 2nd & 3rd in the other years.

I also feel that the continuity with the Gillespie era is good, after all we don't need a philosophy change do we?

It will be interesting to hear Gillespie's response; I expect it to be positive.

This message has been edited by Bergenopzoom on Nov 14, 2016 12:46 PM

(Login bazza.b)

November 14 2016, 12:52 PM 

The most uninspired coaching appointment since Dave Hockaday.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

November 14 2016, 1:00 PM 

Wow, unless we go through the season unbeaten and win 3 trophies then Gale is doomed.

If we did I suppose it will be Dizzy's legacy for many on here.

OK, it might not be the most inspiring appointment but was Gillespie's at the time?

This message has been edited by legglance on Nov 14, 2016 1:01 PM

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

coach

November 14 2016, 1:10 PM 

you don't need enemies when you have members who post comments like today in the job about 1 hour and the knives are out already god help if we get off to a bad start?

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

Re: coach

November 14 2016, 1:28 PM 

Really do not believe this is best appointment we could have made, but let us see whether it will deliver the necessary results. The appointment of new captain, overseas player(s) (for the season) and wicket-keeper are priorities. Will we lose top players?

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Nov 14, 2016 1:29 PM

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

November 14 2016, 1:38 PM 

"Really do not believe this is best appointment we could have made"

What is the best appointment we could have made then?

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

November 14 2016, 1:42 PM 

and who are the top players we are likely to lose ?

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

November 14 2016, 1:47 PM 

I thought Hockaday was a brilliant appointment but then I support Barnsley happy.gif
Give Galey a chance for heaven's sake. As for being able to attract quality players then if playing for Yorkshire isn't a big enough draw then I don't think I'd want them anyway
On the Rashid situation things were said when feelings were still running high and time can be a great healer so I'm hopeful something can be sorted there as well
Fascinating times ahead

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 69 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk