<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

(Login dpressed)

Re: 2017 Fixtures

November 24 2016, 6:19 PM 

No the fixtures are NOT out. The T20 fixtures are but the Championship have to wait until midnight. Those in power will only be happy when they've killed off the County Championship

marsker
(Login marskeman)

November 24 2016, 6:36 PM 

I am pleased the t20 starts on July 7 just in time for my holiday abroad, hope I don't miss any proper cricket.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

November 24 2016, 6:37 PM 

So, appointment to view Friday night? Gone. 3 from 7 home games on a Friday. Later start making it easier to get there for evening games? Partly gone. 7pm starts changing to 6:30pm starts. Having said all that, if you're planning on going to 4 home games or more the £70 season ticket remains excellent value.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

November 24 2016, 7:26 PM 

To be fair these are the fixtures that the marketing department need to get working on first in order to get selling those £70 season tickets.

There's also the DJ to book of course and hopefully other attractions to bring in the kind of audience they want.

6.30 seems a little bit early.

The two 14.30 weekend starts away at Trent bridge and Chesterfield should be popular days out, weather permitting of course.

(Login Jacobus24)

November 24 2016, 9:11 PM 

All 3 formats matter equally.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

November 24 2016, 9:38 PM 

Surely it's good business sense to get the fixtures which will make the club the most money into the public domain first?

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

2017 fixtures

November 24 2016, 10:07 PM 

Do they really intend playing the Sunday fixture in the evening ? I'm not sure of the logic behind this with work and, especially, school the following morning. Surely an afternoon start would make more sense.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: 2017 fixtures

November 24 2016, 10:52 PM 

Probably be 2:30pm the Sunday.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

November 24 2016, 10:54 PM 

All the Sat/Sun matches home or away are 14:30 starts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/teams/yorkshire/fixtures

(Login Roundhegian)

November 24 2016, 11:05 PM 

It is not really a block, spread out over six weeks.
Yorkshire's programme is particularly disjointed, four games in the first eight days, a gap, seven games in a fortnight, another gap and the last three games in seven days. Presumably there will be a couple of championship games in the gaps. If so that is an awful lot of cricket though it will be at the best time of the year for spectators.
The players who are in both the championship and t20 sides will still have to make several changes of format. I thought avoiding that was one of the reasons for playing t20 in a block.
Finally why are Yorkshire playing three home games in six days? OK perhaps for members and those with a t20 season ticket but must affect attendances among those paying match by match. Surely it could have been better organised than that, or are Yorks just intending to economise on pitch preparation by playing all three games on the same strip?

(Login Jacobus24)

November 25 2016, 12:24 AM 

My predictions are that Hodd will play in all our t20 group games, we'll have a maximum of one overseas player at any one time (at best) and that we will fail again to win the competition.

Roundhegian
(Login Roundhegian)

November 25 2016, 8:42 AM 

Really finding it difficult to see how the revamp of fixtures is an improvement of the old in any respect apart from pleasing Sky.
Two championship fixtures have been dropped, but the season is even longer than before running from the start of April right to the end of September.
The championship is further marginalised with half the games played in April or September.
All the 50 over group games played in the first half of May (Yorkshire play the first five in eight days, including three of their four home games).
If Yorkshire fail to get out of their t20 group they will play no cricket at all for nearly three weeks between 17 August and 5 September.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

November 25 2016, 8:57 AM 

That might be a plan to get more people to go to the Test match at Headingley with Yorkshire not having any games.

If we do qualify for the T20 quarters with a home tie that might mean an extra game here at Scarborough. It looks too close to the test to play at Headingley. I am ever the optomist.

Main highlight, although the games are a bit close I like the look of the RL50 grouping. It looks a bit more like a proper competition and with a Lords final in July will hopefully stop the rot.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

November 25 2016, 9:27 AM 

I assume the Essex game at Scarborough is a four dayer, not a one dayer as the website says.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

November 25 2016, 9:44 AM 

It has been pointed out and hopefully the webmaster will get it sorted soon before all those landladies get really annoyed.

(Login Jacobus24)

November 25 2016, 9:55 AM 

The prospects of winning the One-Day Cup look far better, if Pujura does sign then that might mean no overseas in the competition and would confirm prioritising Championship cricket yet again.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

November 25 2016, 11:08 AM 

Is it an issue if we priorities the Championship ? Of course we do . It is like the top football teams priorities the Premier league over the FA Cup and the other cup which seems to keep changing its name .
Nice to win all 3 but clear which is most important . For the players too i would bet .

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

November 25 2016, 11:12 AM 

More fans don't go to Fa Cup matches than Premier League ones though.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

November 25 2016, 11:20 AM 

Is the reason a team prioritises 4th place over the FA Cup due to money though?

Northants were quite open about this last season when they said they prioritised white ball cricket. I'd guess they made more money from winning the T20 than they would have done for getting promotion from Div 2.

Papag
(Login Papag1)

November 25 2016, 4:17 PM 

If I could be granted a cricket wish is that we could go back the Gillette cup competition a 17 team 24 game county companionship and 5 test matches in the season, Happy Days happy.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk