<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: Third test at Mohali

November 25 2016, 9:01 PM 

Well it looks to be a done deal so we will have to wait and see.

How Buttler does at number 7 may well not be too important in the scheme of things. Hopefully Cook will win the toss and the top order will rack up a good number of runs and Buttler can continue to sit on his backside and watch all day.

That's not a prediction by the way. But I think the toss will be crucial.

Only doubt now seems to be whether Batty plays or they go with Finn or Ball.

If they can't make their minds up whether it's going to spin or seam then making the wrong choice might mean we end up with an ineffectual bowler who doesn't bring much else to the game. Ball I suppose is the best batsman and fielder of the three.

If in doubt why not leave the bowling to Anderson/Stokes/Woakes/Rashid and Ali, with a few overs from Root if and when, and bring in another batter.

Ballance at number 4 maybe, or why not let Duckett open and move Hameed to number 3, now there's a thought!

(Login ThirdUmpire)

November 25 2016, 9:13 PM 

I'm hoping your not being serious in that as soon as we find a proper opener you want to move him to number 3?

And I'm not convinced Ball is a better bat than Batty (very alliterative)

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

November 25 2016, 9:16 PM 

I fear he is serious. Also picking bowlers on the strength of their batting, what nonsense. Would you pick a batsman on the strength of his bowling?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

November 25 2016, 10:01 PM 

I wasn't being very serious in actual fact just thinking of possible options to make a winning team of 11 out of the players available. We have 9 players who pick themselves, it's making the best of a bad job out of the other two places that worries me. Luckily it's just to pass the time and I have no influence on who actually gets picked.

It is a fact that Hameed used to bat at 3 for England U19's. He's only played one season in first class cricket. Lancashire think his best position is as an opener and they may well be right. But don't close your mind to the fact he might be just as good or even better batting at 3.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk