<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Football Stand

November 27 2016 at 8:28 PM
Sid  (Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Now the 2017 fixtures are out, thoughts turn to April and a return to Headingley. My preferred view is from the top tier of the football stand. Does anyone know if it'll still be there next year?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: Football Stand

November 27 2016, 10:36 PM 

Small chance it might fall down or be condemned.

No chance at all that it will be subject to demolition to make way for something better.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 28 2016, 8:34 AM 

IMO, the stand will never get built, there will be to many objections over the plans, and other obstructions in the way.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

November 28 2016, 11:42 AM 

Demolition is costly. So it wont happen unless and until planning approval is granted.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

November 30 2016, 1:23 AM 

Looks like a reprieve for ropemen Alan and Ray, or have they already been pensioned off?

Mark Smith
(Login spikeyboy60)

December 1 2016, 8:56 PM 

Which is which ?? happy.gif

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

December 20 2016, 10:27 AM 

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

December 20 2016, 10:37 AM 

I assume this means the planning application becomes much less of a problem, but the debt may become massively more of a problem.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

December 20 2016, 10:41 AM 

You'd imagine that funding or lack of it is the only impediment to the redevelopment.
But it is a rather immense impediment.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

December 20 2016, 12:17 PM 

23M in debt, so instead of trying to bring that massive debt down, we get ourselves further into debt!!

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

December 20 2016, 3:57 PM 

The question is, can Yorkshire not afford to go ahead with the stadium development plans? If the clubs long term revenue streams depend on redeveloping the North stand then it has to happen. For example, getting a £1 Million loan from the ECB to install floodlights was entirely justified as T20 attendances have rose on the back of it.

I'd be interested to know the cost of the North Stand redevelopment and whether it could be scaled down.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

December 20 2016, 8:34 PM 

I know plenty of people with a mortgage who increase their mortgage to improve and add value to their house and banks will lend money if they think they will get it back or if there is a good guarantor.

Apart from the numbers, what's the differences?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

December 20 2016, 9:15 PM 

If I remember rightly the land at Tingley was earmarked for housing in Leeds city council plans, but not for a few years. Perhaps the council are permitted to buy the land as an asset for the future.

Can't see them paying as much as a developer though and the Weetwood land is a problem. I think the plans will need to be scaled back but at least we should see some movement in January.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

December 20 2016, 11:57 PM 

Problem is that the land is worth nothing (or next to nothing) without planning permission. I doubt that it would be possible for the council to pay a huge premium on a piece of land that may not realise the premium for many years if ever. Best value rules would surely preclude it. You might equally well ask why Mr Caddick can't take the risk himself. Fork out the cash now against the possibility that the land might be worth more at some future date.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

new stand

December 21 2016, 11:32 AM 

can you tell me one thing what as Mr Caddick got to do with the new stand?

Peter (Don)
(Login Yfactor)

Re: new stand

December 21 2016, 2:26 PM 

As chairman of Leeds Rugby, of which Caddick Group is a major shareholder, I think Mr Caddick has a lot to do with the new stand.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

December 21 2016, 3:07 PM 

And owner of the two plots of land that are worth next to nothing without planning permission..

Ball_Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

December 23 2016, 7:24 AM 

Third Umpire wrote....
I know plenty of people with a mortgage who increase their mortgage to improve and add value to their house and banks will lend money if they think they will get it back or if there is a good guarantor.

Apart from the numbers, what's the differences?

The difference is.... if one of the plenty of people you know gets into financial difficulty, they can sell the house they have mortgaged to someone else who wants/needs a house to live in. In the hope of clearing some/all of the debt & coming out the other side.

When an overmortgaged YCCC get into financial difficulties, (in capitals) THERE IS NOT ANOTHER CRICKET CLUB THEY CAN SELL THE CRICKET GROUND TO.

Your example is a house. My example is a cricket ground. A commodity for which there is little demand.

Phil
Twitter @ball_sup
Blog Address
http://www.ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

December 23 2016, 8:03 AM 

No but the land is worth a great deal or the banks wouldn't lend them that amount of money. The debt is secured against the land/ground.

(Login Roundhegian)

December 23 2016, 8:10 AM 

As regards the value of Headingley as a security for borrowing, it's quite hard to imagine anyone else buying it as a cricket ground or any other sports venue. But the land itself has value. For example a buyer might retain the hotel and the new pavilion and demolish the stands, then put up some kind of mixed use development of retail / offices / high tech units with on site parking.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk