<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Rashid and the IPL

November 27 2016 at 8:32 PM
Sid  (Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

I don't hugely follow the IPL and the auction which manufacturers the teams, but, on face value, you'd assume Rashid must be of interest?

Any thoughts?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: Rashid and the IPL

November 27 2016, 10:04 PM 

A shoo-in if he wanted to do it and Yorkshire allowed him you would think. Also would mean that he wouldn't be bowling on early season wickets

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

November 27 2016, 10:32 PM 

I can't see it myself, think Josh Buttler was a special case in 2016.

This year England have ODI's as early as May against Ireland and South Africa so they won't let him go.

Besides I'm not sure he is box office enough, they like to spend their money on big hitters and fast bowlers. Plenty of cheaper spin options (cannon fodder) available from the sub-continent.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

November 27 2016, 10:43 PM 

The IPL runs alongside the English summer this year, can't see his playing IPL this year.
Although good luck to a wrist spinner playing in England in early May!

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 28 2016, 8:38 AM 

If Rashid does play in the IPL, although unlikely, we will need to sign a replacement spinner. There is a massive amount of 1 day cricket next season that Rashid will be involved in.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

November 28 2016, 6:56 PM 

Not sure how the franchise owner might react if Adil wanted to have a rest from one of their big knock out games at short notice.

Don't see it happening personally

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

November 28 2016, 7:05 PM 

Perhaps money will talk?

(Login Jacobus24)

November 28 2016, 7:24 PM 

Rashid making himself unavailable for the club coincided with the news that the ECB were giving one day players financial parity with Test players.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

November 28 2016, 9:11 PM 

I'm also of the view Adil won't end up in the 2017 IPL but based on ability and value he probably should.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

RASHID

November 29 2016, 8:49 AM 

Rashid wants to get himself to the ipl and do us a faver I don't think the coaches will be bothered .

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk