<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Re: jennings

December 8 2016, 12:21 PM 

Wasn't the main problem that Derbys sacked his uncle, Dave Houghton, and Gary was unhappy on the back of this?

(Login Jacobus24)

December 8 2016, 12:24 PM 

My memories of signing Ballance were that the club had problems in the batting department at that time, the signing was hardly that of a 12 year old kid.

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

December 8 2016, 1:47 PM 

I used the pharse 'asset stripping'. I accept you can agrue the ECB asset strip us although the players regard the county game as a stepping stone to international level, so the parallel isn't exact. I think at YCCC were exceptionally lucky to have a group of players who love playing for the county and see it as a worthwhile practice in its self. I'm suggest this is as a result of a grounding in league cricket rather than schools. Bres is the most obvious example.

I don't think we asset stripped Derbyshire with Ballance. The sacking of Uncle Dave Houghton was significant in his departure and he may have enrolled on a HE course in Leeds although I'm not totally sure of that. YCCC played a huge part in developing Gary, far more so than Derbyshire, he is Yorkshire 'taught'.

This message has been edited by sid-don on Dec 8, 2016 1:50 PM

(Login Jacobus24)

December 8 2016, 1:58 PM 

I understood your point about success feeling hollow but i would just factor in how many players are being lost to England before judging the success.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk