<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

5th Test | India vs England at Mumbai (Match thread)

December 15 2016 at 10:45 AM
Old Feller  (Login Old_Feller2)

With the news that Anderson will be "rested" (sic) I'd love to see a left field replacement in bringing young Sam Curran over from Dubai to take his place.
If Broad is fit he could then replace Jake Ball.
It's probably too late for all that to happen, so I simply expect to see Broad replace Anderson.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login matthefish2002)

Re: 5th Test | India vs England at Mumbai (Match thread)

December 15 2016, 3:52 PM 

I have just seen the last tests starts tomorrow. Think I am getting Test match fatigue at the moment.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Re: 5th Test | India vs England at Mumbai (Match thread)

December 15 2016, 4:13 PM 

Very much Jonny Bairstow can score the 62 runs he requires to over take the irritant Vaughan as England's leading run scorer in a calendar year.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Semantics!

December 15 2016, 9:35 PM 

I see Anderson is being rested in case he picks up a niggle, which might not clear up until next July when he is needed next. In properspeak he's been dropped then.

Dawson may well play because he took a couple of wickets in his ODI and T20I debuts and has recently done quite well in Bangladesh playing T20. In properspeak we are desperate and the cupboard is bare.

I for one won't be springing out of bed in the morning expecting great things.

EYT is probably right, the most important thing in this game is to see if Jonny Bairstow can get the runs he needs.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

Re: Semantics!

December 15 2016, 10:08 PM 

Will someone explain 'left field' to me, please? I know it's from baseball. Is it equivalent to leg-side? And, if so, why does it carry this meaning of slightly off-the-wall, unexpected, unusual?

Drop Jimmy! You can't do that. As a West Indian I used to know would say, "He big cry-cry baby."

Were people not impressed with Jake Ball's performance? I think he's good. A Notts player developed by Notts, more than good, he's unique!

Michael Vaughan is as irritating as Fiery Jack in yer jock-strap - come on, Jonny!

And I'm still looking forward to the game, planning to be up at 4am to see the first hour at least. Just opening bottle of wine, though, so it might not happen.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk