<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: India v England

No score for this post
December 21 2016, 9:44 AM 

Dobell makes some pertinent points about Bayliss in this article:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1073564.html

No doubt that his "attacking cricket" mantra is working in the shorter form (and this is where he has had conspicuous success of course), but in the longer form it does seem to be simplistic. Seems to me that one lesson to learn from the Indian players is that you earn the right to play attacking cricket once you have demoralised the opposition, but that this is a necessary first step.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

Re: India v England

No score for this post
December 21 2016, 1:54 PM 

I would keep Cook as the opener, certainly for the short term, as I think he's still got something to offer the youngsters coming through batting wise and I think the weight of being captain lifted from his shoulders might help.
Also, Joe as captain would have to grow up a tad and maybe stop his little bouts of petulant frustration that seem to be creeping in. He's got the temperament to adapt and take it in his stride I hope. Only one way to find out

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk