<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
CB
(Login BoomerC)

Re: Merry Christmas to all of our members - Festive thoughts

December 22 2016, 1:50 PM 

A merry Christmas and prosperous New Year to Yorkshire C.C. Players & Supporters alike from across the pond !

ps..hope to back on next year with a few more funnies and goodwill poems and for some more craic !! 😜

Saltburn senior
(Login Saltburnsenior)

December 22 2016, 2:44 PM 

Well done, DM. As Captain Mainwaring would have said "I wondered who'd be first to spot that!"
To throw a few more into the mix, perhaps Joseph, East or even Snow. From the 12 days of Christmas, we could include French (hens),Swan (swimming), Piper (piping) and also the venue - Lord's!

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

December 22 2016, 6:04 PM 

It's getting better. Roy Virgin (Somerset) and Paul Wiseman, a Kiwi who played for Durham.

Not sure about FIVE golden rings, but Doug Ring played for Australia.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

December 22 2016, 6:55 PM 

There was a Partridge who played for the Pears....

James Partridge
Full name: James Adams Partridge
Born: 3rd May 1858, Lindridge, Worcestershire, England
Died: 7th October 1909, Lindridge, Worcestershire, England
Relations: Daughter: JE Partridge; Daughter: CA Partridge
Teams: Worcestershire (Miscellaneous: 1881-1888)
Lists of matches and more detailed statistics

Saltburn senior
(Login Saltburnsenior)

December 22 2016, 8:16 PM 

With a bit of licence perhaps - Silent (K)night and to conclude with a Yorkshire connection, maybe (Phil) Berry, (Jacques) Rudolph and (Craig) White Christmas !

(Login dpressed)

December 25 2016, 9:21 AM 

As its the day

Merry Christmas

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Nicely Done..

December 25 2016, 12:55 PM 

Merry Christmas and peace to you all....

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Re: Nicely Done..

December 25 2016, 7:18 PM 

Merry Christmas everyone.

I received a wonderful gift from my lovely wife: that being a copy of the 1963 Wisden Cricketers' Almanac. Not only is it the much sought-after centenary edition, it is of course a review of the 1962 English domestic season which was my first as a very young cricket fan. Replete, of course, with detailed scorecards and match summaries. It's been on my bucket list for years.

Did anyone else receive a cricket-oriented gift that was particularly enjoyable or interesting?

Anglian Exile
(Login AnglianExile)

December 25 2016, 10:56 PM 

My son gave me "Summer's Crown" by Stephen Chalke, which has been recommended by a number of posters on this forum. Brief perusal in the midst of Christmas celebrations confirmed the quality of the book.

(Login Danum)

December 26 2016, 11:44 AM 

My son gave me "Remarkable Cricket Grounds" by Brian Levison which is a large format coffee table style book with plenty of good photos and an eclectic mix from around the world. Headingley and North Marine Road both figure. I'd never seen the book on sale beforehand.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

December 26 2016, 2:58 PM 

Happy Boxing Day everyone. I drove past the annual game at North Leeds with a big crowd present but sadly unable to stop.

No cricket related gifts although my mother has yet to deliver and she usually knows what I like best.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

December 26 2016, 6:26 PM 

Enjoyable Christmas in Leeds but glad to be back under my own roof in sunny Scarborough.

Meant to walk to Roundhay park this morning, just to see a bat hit a ball, but family got in the way.

I did get the Ben Stokes book Fire starter as an unexpected present. I'll read it but he, or his ghost writer, will have to be very persuasive to get me to change my opinion of him.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

December 27 2016, 9:17 AM 

Not much reading with one of my presents but a new ball signed by J.Anderson, Simon Jones, Devon Malcolm and Joe Root is nestling amongst the tinsel.

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

December 28 2016, 9:04 AM 

A belated merry xmas to all.
Seen bits of SA/Sri Lanka and also the Big Bash but coming to work this morning the cricket season seemed a million miles away.
Santa brought me new teeth, but nothing cricket related to smile about.

JG
(Login _JG_)

December 30 2016, 11:48 AM 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year- I hope you're all wintering well.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

December 30 2016, 1:53 PM 

Adeste Fideles Edwards?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Happy New Year.

January 1 2017, 10:55 AM 

Happy New Year everyone.

One of those bottles of wine I had last night must have been off because I don't half feel rough this morning.

Nice of Channel 5 to put some cricket on to get me through the morning.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

Re: Happy New Year.

January 1 2017, 12:05 PM 

...and Ian Bell batting, too. Relish this player while he's still around.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

January 1 2017, 12:35 PM 

Didn't know Willey was over there playing for Perth. Two wickets in an over for him.

This message has been edited by twelthman on Jan 1, 2017 12:35 PM

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

January 1 2017, 1:32 PM 

Perth look a very strong side, but the commentators are warning that they'll soon be hit by international call ups. I thought that only happened to Yorkshire...Bloody ECB 😉

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk