<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: Hanscomb plays and misses, then takes a single ...

January 16 2017, 9:43 AM 

Calling up Handscomb for the 3rd ODI looks like a panic measure to cover a bit of an injury/lack of form crisis.

He might play a blinder of course but I don't think we should worry too much.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

January 17 2017, 9:48 AM 

That said, it does suggest that despite that article where he says he is more of a red ball cricketer, the Australian hierarchy think he is good enough for international 50 over cricket, which must be good news for us.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

January 19 2017, 10:32 AM 

Yeah, maybe not the best news for us.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

January 19 2017, 10:41 AM 

Out for 82, bad news for us if he becomes odi. regular.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

January 19 2017, 12:28 PM 

Maybe we should have gone for ABdV.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

January 19 2017, 4:41 PM 

If we lose Handscomb we need to change our tactics.

Either go for someone like Rogers or Voges who may be older but at least available due to retirement (I know Rogers has now retired).

Or only sign overseas for T20 which covers a certain time window and focus on a signing from another County. I really feel we missed the boat with Davies at Surrey (Now Somerset) and/or Stoneman who went to Surrey.

Either of those would have filled a huge gap.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

Re: Peter Handscomb

January 21 2017, 9:34 AM 

(Login Jacobus24)

January 21 2017, 11:49 AM 

Moxon is failing the club, no lessons have been learnt from last season. Steven Davies was available and the club made no effort to sign him, they should have approached Klinger as well to find out whether he would have been interested.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

January 21 2017, 12:33 PM 

Do we know that no effort was made to sign Davies? Klinger is only playing one day cricket for Gloucestershire this season. He doesn't want to play four day cricket. How would that suit us?

(Login Jacobus24)

January 21 2017, 12:54 PM 

I don't personally believe Moxon wanted Davies, if anyone can prove otherwise then feel free to post. If the club has a poor season then Martyn should be made culpable given the obvious limitations the side had last year. Klinger doesn't want to play four day cricket for Gloucestershire in Division 2, the club should have enquired about him.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

January 21 2017, 12:56 PM 

"Moxon is failing the club" - utter tosh. Were you saying that when he signed Handscomb? How was he to know that Handscomb would be called up to the one day team?

(Login Jacobus24)

January 21 2017, 1:30 PM 

Why can't plan A include signing a domestic or kolpak player as well, whether that's a keeper batsman or batsman. The overseas issue can be resolved but this signing should be accompanied with another signing that can be classed as the clubs player.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

January 21 2017, 4:26 PM 

Have you seen the state of the finances? Where's the money coming from for multiple new signings?

(Login Jacobus24)

January 21 2017, 4:40 PM 

The club has yet to replace Gale on the staff after he retired, you just keep putting up barriers because you don't want another outsider brought in.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Moxon can pick em

January 21 2017, 8:14 PM 

Rather than failing I think Moxon has done brilliantly to pick out a guy before everyone else found out how good he was.

I'd be surprised if Handscomb pushed ahead of the likes of Lynn, Marsh, Bailey and Finch to get in the Champions trophy squad.

Unfortunately nothing in cricket is certain.

Here's hoping he has a temporary loss of form tomorrow and has a mare.

(Login dpressed)

Re: Moxon can pick em

January 21 2017, 9:45 PM 

I remember Yorks getting a batsman to replace Bevan, who was on the Aussie squad in 1987. The batman in question Michael Slater,then got picked for Aus so Yorks signed another Aussie batsman, name of Lehmann. So no need to panic. Slater played for Derbyshire later on, without Lehmann's success

This message has been edited by dpressed on Jan 21, 2017 9:53 PM

David in Morley
(Login DavidinMorley)

January 22 2017, 9:34 AM 

The side had "obvious limitations" last year? Two semi finals and a chance of winning the championship with a couple of hours to go: not too many limitations. Even Manchester United and Chelsea can't win the Premiership every single year.

The Jacobus recipe for success:

a) sign as many overseas/Kolpaks as possible

b) sign as many players from other counties as possible

c) sack Hodd immediately.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

January 22 2017, 8:57 PM 

The fact that Handscomb didn't get to bat in the fourth ODI is I think good news for his availability for Yorkshire.

If they had wanted to see how he got on when quick runs were wanted they would have used him, instead even Starc got moved up the order above him.

CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

Natural Wastage

January 23 2017, 8:40 AM 

"The club has yet to replace Gale on the staff after he retired"

Like YCCC (though thankfully not on the same scale), my work have been struggling financially of late. Last week one of the people here handed in his notice. We are not going to replace him, because it gives us a chance to save some money. Obviously, given the choice, we would hire a replacement (plus a few more to boot), but it would be irresponsible.

(Login Jacobus24)

Re: Natural Wastage

January 23 2017, 9:42 AM 

Cutting costs won't win the Championship and it certainly won't win the T20, success in the One-Day Cup is possible with the fixture schedule.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk