<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login KennyShovel)

Re: Natural Wastage

January 23 2017, 11:14 AM 

Also difficult to win the championship when you're in division two with a 48 point handicap.

(Login Jacobus24)

Re: Natural Wastage

January 23 2017, 11:56 AM 

Being holier-than-thou with regards to developing players is the main reason most don't want Gale replaced with someone from outside the county.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Natural Wastage

January 23 2017, 3:12 PM 

The position regarding a replacement for Gale is not so clear cut. While it would appear that his erstwhile salary is available, there are other considerations. At the end of last season, Yorkshire gave first team caps to three players. Under an agreement between the ECB and the PCA they are now entitled to a significantly higher level of pay. All contracted players (and their agents) will be knocking periodically on Martyn Moxon's door hoping for a rise. Moxon has to perform a balancing act knowing that one or two richer counties can outbid us for players' services.
There is also a salary cap imposed by the ECB. In 2015 this was reduced by 10% to £1.976 million a year per county. This figure includes the usual benefits-in-kind. Counties are, however, rewarded financially for the number of young England-qualified players on their books, provided they have not played previously for another county.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Wicket keeping

January 30 2017, 8:53 AM 

I only watched an hour or so of the Kiwi/Aus ODI, but from what I saw Handscomb's wicket keeping is very much a work in progress.

He didn't score many runs either.

Strange situation, I like to see him make a pigs ear of it for Australia so he gets dropped, so he can play for Yorkshire.

Like to imagine that's his plan too!

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Champions Trophy

April 20 2017, 7:37 AM 

Peter Handscomb has not been selected for the Aussie Champions Trophy squad.

Good news for us and I'm sure not too much of shock to the player.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

Re: Peter Handscomb

April 20 2017, 8:45 AM 

Throughly enjoyed his knock at Edgbaston on Saturday.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

Re: Peter Handscomb

April 20 2017, 9:03 AM 

He did trouble my blood pressure a bit when he decided that backfoot shots in England were to be played from about 3 millimetres in front of the stumps.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk