<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

2nd XI fixtures 2017

January 6 2017 at 12:51 PM

Dave Morton  (Login DaveMorton)

Now up on YCCC site.
https://yorkshireccc.com/fixtures-and-results/fixtures/team/2nd-xi

Fantastic news is that they only partially clash with 1st XI games, because of the weekend play in those fixtures, so I will be able to see MORE cricket despite the reduction in CC.

Lots of games at York, which is lovely, and at Harrogate, which I've not visited since the days of Moxon's captaincy. Also Marske, Barnsley, Scarborough and Stamford Bridge. Away games tend to be in nice places, too, especially Derbyshire.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
David
(Login dikaiopolis)

Re: 2nd XI fixtures 2017

January 6 2017, 2:42 PM 

Great, thanks. I have added these to my diary, and hopefully will get to a few this year.

The Trophy might be interesting - the second semi final is apparently going to be played the day after the final!

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

2nd XI fixtures 2017

January 6 2017, 5:20 PM 

As last year they are a little biased towards the north and east of the county. The south and west, where most of the population is, are limited to a T20 each at Barnsley and Pudsey Congs. Todmorden, for example, appears to have fallen out of favour. There is no denying that York and Stamford Bridge are lovely grounds but they are a long way for people in South or West Yorkshire.
I discount the Headingley game as not only is there no atmosphere, but there are no facilities for spectators.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: 2nd XI fixtures 2017

January 7 2017, 10:07 AM 

But surely it's better for the seconds to play across areas of the county where the firsts don't go so supporters across all of the county can take the chance to engage with the club

Cricket Yorkshire
(Login cricketyorkshire)

Yorkshire seconds

January 9 2017, 4:52 PM 

Look forward to trying to get along to some YCCC 2's games this year for Cricket Yorkshire...have yet to visit Marske or Stamford Bridge but both come highly recommended.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk