<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Steve Patterson

January 14 2017 at 12:17 PM
Old Feller  (Login Old_Feller2)

An article below from today's YP, bizarre that in an article about Patto that they use a photo of Darren Gough to head it.
Mind you there is a minor reference to Gough in the article.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/cricket/weekend-interview-proudest-thing-that-s-ever-happened-to-me-steve-patterson-1-8334217

As you'd expect from him he has his head screwed on & seems to be preparing himself well for a life away from any direct involvement in cricket when he retires.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
AB
(Login littleoldme.)

I'll be honest

January 16 2017, 9:08 PM 

I'll be honest and say I didn't think Patterson would make it. I thought maybe in one-day cricket with the keeper standing up to his wibbily wobblers, a bit like how Gloucestershire got their success in limited over Cup Finals in the late 90's and early 2000's but the success he has had in Championship cricket has thrilled me and surprised me. The year 2010 was a breakthrough period and his improvement was remarkable. To be part of those two Championship Title Wins was thrilling and to see the four seamers and Rashid dovetail each other in the bowling attack was decisive in winning those prizes. Steve Patterson has been an unsung hero in recent years and has always deserved more praise and attention.
A Buchan

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Re: I'll be honest

January 16 2017, 9:25 PM 

Looks like we have another member of the NLOP club.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

January 17 2017, 2:19 PM 

No - sorry - you'll have to help me......?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

January 17 2017, 4:18 PM 

It's some kind of cult!

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

January 17 2017, 6:56 PM 

Steve C (Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator
Posted Jan 17, 2017 2:19 PM

No - sorry - you'll have to help me......?

Never leave out Patterson - or Patto to those really in the know.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

January 17 2017, 7:10 PM 

I am not a member of that club, or the NLOB, NLOS, NLOL etc clubs, and never will be. NO player is above being left out. Even the very best players have been "dropped" on occasions.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

January 17 2017, 7:57 PM 

Spot on Stu.

Anyway Brooks is the underrated one on this forum.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk