<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Peter Kippax

January 19 2017 at 12:04 AM
marsker  (Login marskeman)

reading the nysd league site it reports Peter Kippax who played for both yorkshire and durham has sadly passed away. a leg break bowler, he also had vast league cricket experience.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

Re: Peter Kippax

January 19 2017, 12:27 PM 

His son now runs the batmaking firm Kippax started in Methley - not too far from where I LIVE.
Interestingly, I think, they use locally grown willow for the blades.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

January 19 2017, 5:52 PM 

He'd be worth his weight in gold in today's era.

We used to have his bats in our club bag and sadly they were like a plank of wood at the time. Mind you I didn't do much better when I bought my own Gray Nicholls four scoop.....

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

January 24 2017, 8:40 AM 

I bought a Gray Nicholls 4 scoop off e-bay for £1.20 about 18 months ago. Has a small chunk missing from the toe and I've been meaning to repair it but not got round to it yet. I did find a GN grip (cost 80p more than the bat) and do that. probably never actually use it-except in the garden- but its lovely.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk