<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Reform group

January 20 2017 at 9:09 PM
sid  (Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

As I mentioned when asking about Richard Hutton I'm reading 'The war of the white roses' - Stuart Raynor. I'm up to 1978, Illy returns and Geoff soon to be sacked as captain. The Reform group is starting to be mentioned.

Are any of the people from the Reform group still around? Any still going to games? Any posting on here? Did any posters belong to the group? Must be some stories to enliven the forum in deepest January!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login mini-auto)

Re: The Reform group

February 5 2017, 9:49 PM 

This might be of interest ?

Yorkshire County Members reform group Annual Dinner 1979

Autographed copy order of proceedings, menu & Toasts & responses.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201807433473?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

February 6 2017, 8:43 AM 

That's a very odd collection of autographs. If they really are on the inner pages of the menu/programme, I suspect the owner used it to collect autographs at some other occasion. Apart from GB, the ones I can read are from people either very unlikely to be there (Laker, Wardle, Bomber Wells), or in one ridiculous case (Don Mosey), someone who would have preferred to be anywhere else on the planet.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

February 6 2017, 10:00 AM 

Don Mosey appears to be at the event as he is marked down to respond to the toast 'Yorkshire cricket'

Jim Laker likewise to respond to the toast 'Cricket'

Dpressed
(Login dpressed)

February 6 2017, 11:35 AM 

Dom Mosey wrote the most hateful book ever, his Boycott biography. I'm not a Boycott fan but even I think Mosey was completely anti Geoff. Or as I've said thankfully Boycs was born after 1939 so Mosey couldn't blame him for World War II

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

February 6 2017, 9:15 PM 

What an unlikely set of speakers supporting the event! I can only assume they were paid to be there?

No bids as yet.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk