<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

1st T20I | India v England at Kanpur

January 26 2017 at 1:52 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

England tour of India, 1st T20I: India v England at Kanpur, Jan 26, 2017

ENGLAND from: EJG Morgan*, MM Ali, JT Ball, SW Billings, JC Buttler†, LA Dawson, AD Hales, CJ Jordan, TS Mills, LE Plunkett, AU Rashid, JE Root, JJ Roy, BA Stokes, DJ Willey

INDIA from: V Kohli*, JJ Bumrah, YS Chahal, MS Dhoni†, B Kumar, Mandeep Singh, A Mishra, A Nehra, MK Pandey, HH Pandya, RR Pant, Parvez Rasool, KL Rahul, SK Raina, Yuvraj Singh

Live Scorecard

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Guess the team

January 26 2017, 9:03 AM 

Small ground, flat pitch. Looks like another rest day for Rashid.

Looking at the other Yorkies, Root should be back, Willey is unfit.

Plunkett should get a game, doubt if Bairstow will.

We'll find out soon.

My guess.

Roy
Billings
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Stokes
Ali
Jordan
Plunkett
Ball
Mills

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

Re: Guess the team

January 26 2017, 10:13 AM 

Not my favourite form of the game but if I'm honest just happy to have some cricket to watch.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Helmet off

January 26 2017, 1:23 PM 

I thought a ruling had been brought in by the ICC re compulsory wearing of helmets. Dhoni took his helmet off today during this match!!!

(Login dpressed)

Re: Helmet off

January 26 2017, 1:25 PM 

So Adil plays, but didn't bowl. England showed they are Yorkshire in disguise. 40+ for no wicket, then the opposition brings on the spinner & 2 are out in an over.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

January 26 2017, 4:32 PM 

New ICC rules I think mean if you do wear a helmet it must be up to the new standard in regard to neck protection.

If you opt not to wear a helmet that's o.k too, depending on what your national board says.

Sounds crazy but Dhoni and Chris Gayle are the only two I can think of that take off their helmets when spinners are on.

Don't know what to think about them playing Rashid and not using him. I suppose his fielding and catching is slightly better than Ball's.

He must have been picked for plan B which they didn't need because plan A worked very well.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

January 26 2017, 4:57 PM 

Believe the ICC have said that if a batsman wears a helmet it must be of a certain safety standard but the wearing of a helmet isn't compulsory.

Slightly different for English players who must wear helmets under the ECB regulations. The safety standard of these helmets is the same the ICC are introducing in their regulations.

Excellent performance by England today, bowled really well and then the undoubted class of Morgan and Root shone through with the bat.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk