<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Lancys

January 27 2017 at 7:41 AM
Lew  (Login Lewis_116)

Poor stuff from them.

Signed Chanderpaul (Aged 42) and Dane Vilas, SA keeper as non-overseas players.

Add to their recruitment of McLaren.

Then remember they signrd Buttler not too long back and a Yorkshireman as coach and I am struggling to see the "Lanc" in Lancashire.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Lancys

January 27 2017, 8:03 AM 

Chanderpaul?? Good grief.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

January 27 2017, 8:12 AM 

They won a county championship in 2011 with a team full of local talent, now they're signing 42 year old Kolpak's!!

(Login Jacobus24)

January 27 2017, 8:39 AM 

Dane Vilas averages just under 40 in first class cricket, he's a better option than a Sussex born keeper who is not up to the standard required.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

January 27 2017, 9:01 AM 

Looks a bit desperate.

Chapple calls it drafting in some experience to help his young squad.

Presume he wants to help them by keeping them out of the first team!

They already have a popular decent keeper in Alex Davies!

I know they have always like to play a 'wall' at 3 or 4, but Chanderpaul might need a bit of re-pointing at his age.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

hodd

January 27 2017, 1:49 PM 

seams that martin moxon and Andrew gale and Jason Gillespie know more about cricket than you ever will .

(Login Jacobus24)

Re: hodd

January 27 2017, 2:55 PM 

Peter, Moxon guided the club to relegation in 2011 and then subsequently went upstairs. All I've ever stated since the season ended was that replacements are needed for Gale and Hodd, this still remains the case.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

January 27 2017, 3:13 PM 

When you say "all I've stated since the season ended" you're pretty much spot on, I'll give you that!

(Login Jacobus24)

January 27 2017, 3:35 PM 

In the context that nothing is controversial about it, most on here are protectionist so therefore that's the reason consensus isn't possible.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk