<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

3rd T20I | India vs England at Bangalore (Match thread)

February 1 2017 at 4:01 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Feb 1, 2017 - 3rd T20I at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore (night)

ENGLAND from: EJG Morgan*, MM Ali, JT Ball, SW Billings, JC Buttler†, LA Dawson, AD Hales, CJ Jordan, TS Mills, LE Plunkett, AU Rashid, JE Root, JJ Roy, BA Stokes, DJ Willey

INDIA from: V Kohli*, JJ Bumrah, YS Chahal, MS Dhoni†, B Kumar, Mandeep Singh, A Mishra, A Nehra, MK Pandey, HH Pandya, RR Pant, Parvez Rasool, KL Rahul, SK Raina, Yuvraj Singh

Live Scoredcard

""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Guess the team

February 1 2017, 8:27 AM 

Flat pitch, short boundaries, interesting to see if Rashid gets the nod.

My team, for what it's worth.

Roy
Billings
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Jordan
Willey
Mills

Papag
(Login Papag1)

Re: Guess the team

February 1 2017, 8:32 AM 

Ahh another England game then its of to the West Indies for some more, love cricket but supporters as well as the players do need a rest sometimes.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

February 1 2017, 9:20 AM 

Well yes but!

Almost 40,000 at the last game and of course India is a big place. They are also spreading interest by taking these matches out on the road, away from more traditional international venues.

I agree the lack of interest in England cricket, judging by the lack of posts on this site anyway, does tend to indicate the supporters are not very enthused with England at the moment.

I'll be watching, its too wet for the garden and I've got to justify my Sky subscription somehow!

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

February 1 2017, 9:59 AM 

Am looking forward to this have enjoyed the previous 2 games. Hopefully we will see an England win & wipe that smug look off of Mr Kholi.

(Login Tyke1950)

February 1 2017, 5:02 PM 

Sadly, not today.

I hate to be critical of Joe Root, who is a wonderful player, but in this match, as in the last one, Joe's lack of a calm head did England great damage.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Lack of calm

February 1 2017, 5:44 PM 

I know what you mean and in the longer term I hope Root drops out of playing T20 internationally.

He was top scorer though and I'm not sure you can blame him entirely for the fact that those that followed, Buttler, Stokes, Ali, etc all got nowt, or at least next to nowt.

I'm not really a statistics man but it seem to me if the openers don't get England off to a flyer they tend to struggle.

Mind you the opposition bowling has been fantastic.

There are some right characters in there, Mishra, Chahal, Bumrah etc.

Good, fiendishly clever bowlers who outfoxed England's big hitters and frustrated Root.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: Lack of calm

February 1 2017, 7:16 PM 

For all the fireworks that Roy and Morgan are capable of, they both have the same strike rate (130) as Root but markedly inferior averages (near 40 for Root, just under 30 for Morgan and just under 20 for Roy). I know that stats aren't everything but to me this shows his value.

Seems to me that what Morgan and Roy have - which Root hasn't - is the ability to score at a strike rate of 200 (even if they do it rarely). What the stats would suggest however is that on average they score more slowly and score fewer runs per innings. Averaging 40 in this short form of the game is pretty impressive, and doing so at 130 even more so.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk