<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Unsold

February 20 2017, 7:59 AM 

Jonny Bairstow not picked up in the main IPL auction.

Couldn't see Handscomb's name in the draw at all so maybe he was withdrawn.

I think there is still a chance players can be picked up at a later date but not hundred percent sure how it works.

So far so good.

As a matter of interest Cheteshwar Pujara didn't get picked up either!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Unsold

February 20 2017, 10:44 AM 

Some very good t20 players went unsold -Klinger, Hales, Neesham, Parnell. It's not much of a surprise that Jonny did too.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

February 20 2017, 10:52 AM 

How "sad" for Jonny, it means now he will have to "slum" it and play some CC & 50 over cricket in April & May for us!!!

(Login ExiledinNotts)

February 20 2017, 11:03 AM 

I feel for Bairstow but am very glad for Yorkshire, let's hope we see him getting a few games in during the forth coming season. I love it when he's in full flow with the bat.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

February 20 2017, 11:09 AM 

For me, this list of sold v unsold players demonstrates what a strange beast IPL is.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2017/content/story/1083407.html

David
(Login dikaiopolis)

February 23 2017, 9:25 AM 

I see that Buttler has been given permission to stay in India and miss the Ireland matches, so JB may well be keeping wicket when otherwise he might not have been in the England team

(Login ThirdUmpire)

February 23 2017, 5:23 PM 

It's bad enough losing players to England duties but to lose them to England duties whilst someone is allowed by England to go and play in the IPL is beyond a joke.

Will we lose Ballance so Morgan can not play v Ireland due to his conflict of interest and might we lose Rashid as Moeen wants to go and visit his family for the weekend

(Login Jacobus24)

February 23 2017, 5:47 PM 

Moxon is the joke due to his refusal to strengthen the squad with a domestic or kolpak signing, every year England are marginalising the county game so this is nothing new.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Player power

February 23 2017, 5:49 PM 

Terrible decision, especially in a year when England are bigging up the importance of the 50 over game with the North v South matches and the Champions trophy.

I'm not surprised at these antics involving Buttler and Stokes, disappointed to see that Woakes also thinks the IPL is his priority.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Player power

February 23 2017, 6:43 PM 

Bairstow is a regular in the ODI squad so surely wouldn't have playing for us anyway.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Squad not team

February 23 2017, 7:17 PM 

Hard to say.

With a full team available for selection the likelyhood is that Bairstow would not make the England playing 11, and the twelve man would almost certainly be a bowler.

May 5th England v Ireland at Bristol, Yorkshire at Worcester for a RL50. Good chance he would have been released to play for Yorkshire I would have thought.

May 7th England v Ireland at Lords, Yorkshire at Headingley, another RL50. Probably a bit more marginal but I think they would have trimmed the squad early enough to allow those not needed to play for their counties.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Squad not team

February 23 2017, 7:29 PM 

Or alternatively they might give Billings or Duckett a go with the gloves.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

February 23 2017, 8:33 PM 

As you say.

Whatever happens I'm happy for him to play for England, more than happy if he's released to play for Yorkshire, apopletic if he's left sitting out both.

Interesting to see what happens with Billings, he has been very much a squad player so far in IPL.

If he became more of a regular, and possible match winner, he too might seek an opt out from the Ireland games.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

February 24 2017, 11:00 AM 

Yes Billings replacing Buttler would make sense for the Ireland game but he's in the IPL too

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

February 24 2017, 12:37 PM 

Morgan, Roy and Billings return back from the IPL of May 1st so in plenty of time for the Ireland games.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

February 24 2017, 2:09 PM 

Won't they need a rest after playing too much cricket?

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk